Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

IH8TXT:) wrote: »
    :eek: holy **** mate, no no no.....thank you tho..NO that wouldn't be right. But again cheers for the offer...

heh no bother, i know what its like to try and get to a gig or something and it just won't come together for you.

its a horrible feeling and happened me to much to not at least try and help out!

Rfrip wrote: »
    What a nice guy!

ssshhhh you'll ruin my bad boy street cred....

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

danniemcq wrote: »
    ssshhhh you'll ruin my bad boy street cred....

That was above and beyond the call of duty...may karma bless ur kind ass!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Nechtan

Very late to this but I've a code if anybody still needs one.

Just PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

-=al=- wrote: »
    Just ask for a discounted ticket at an outlet if you can't get a code then when they ask have you been to 3 or more just say yes

My friends have been going into Ticketmaster places with some memorabilia but barely got around to showing the dudes the stuff! They don't seem to give a fook

I wasn't asked at the Jervis kiosk. Told them I had a code, they said don't worry about that and just put it through :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Nechtan

Nechtan wrote: »
    Very late to this but I've a code if anybody still needs one.

Just PM.

Code gone

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

IMAG0004.jpg

dsc432.jpg

darrensdodgyarm.jpg

A sample of the few pictures me and my friends used to get codes hint hint hint hint hint hint hint

literally spent about 8 minutes making these one night and they all worked. I ran out of email accounts to just started sending them straight to friends to use. Made 5 in total and all 5 worked, some of them multiple times. It seems like they really didn't care what sort of image you sent them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

^You'll need more lube than that to get that coke can anywhere

maximoose wrote: »
    ^You'll need more lube than that to get that coke can anywhere

Hahah brilliant didn't notice those there! A friend of mine's arm in that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

His arm is where?

• Advertisement

-=al=- wrote: »
    His arm is where?

inside his arse hole, that's his vagina holding the camera

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15077165/IMAG0004.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15077165/dsc432.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15077165/darrensdodgyarm.jpg

A sample of the few pictures me and my friends used to get codes hint hint hint hint hint hint hint

literally spent about 8 minutes making these one night and they all worked. I ran out of email accounts to just started sending them straight to friends to use. Made 5 in total and all 5 worked, some of them multiple times. It seems like they really didn't care what sort of image you sent them.

haha those look awfully familiar ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Really hoping these get annouced

Would be a perfect act before AM (even though they are better live aswell)

And these lads since they are doing Bestival

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

Does anyone know how to go about bringing a DSLR camera into the arena? Is there anywhere to apply for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

kevc2 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to go about bringing a DSLR camera into the arena? Is there anywhere to apply for it?

If it's a normal 'consumer' DSLR with a regular lens (not a professional feck off lens on a monopod) I would have thought you'd have no problem with it.
    Maybe ask the question in the Photography forum

Other than that you'd be applying for a press pass, which is a different ball game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Any chance of The La's playing? I've recently picked up their debut (and possibly only) album, on heed of bands like The Coral and Noel constantly name dropping the band. The album really is, to use a NME-type nonsense, "a pop folk rock album that could save British rock 'n' roll." I know they toured last year but they didn't play the free state. Any chance of an EP appearance?

If it's a normal 'consumer' DSLR with a regular lens (not a professional feck off lens on a monopod) I would have thought you'd have no problem with it.
    Maybe ask the question in the Photography forum

Other than that you'd be applying for a press pass, which is a different ball game.

Thanks for that, I seen them not let people in with them last year, that's why I am asking. I might send them a mail, was just seeing if anyone had brought a camera in at all.

Thanks for that, I seen them not let people in with them last year, that's why I am asking. I might send them a mail, was just seeing if anyone had brought a camera in at all.

fair enough. A mate of mine brought in a compact digital last year no problem but suppose a DSLR might cause some issues with some lads on security, you might be lucky with who you get on 'pat down'.
    Yes, best contact them but I fear you will be told not to bother. Personally I'd risk if if you really wanted to take pics of the weekend, can't blame you, it's a photographers delight.

fair enough. A mate of mine brought in a compact digital last year no problem but suppose a DSLR might cause some issues with some lads on security, you might be lucky with who you get on 'pat down'.
    Yes, best contact them but I fear you will be told not to bother. Personally I'd risk if if you really wanted to take pics of the weekend, can't blame you, it's a photographers delight.

Exactly, I wouldn't be too interested with the bands, just the whole atmosphere. Doing some research it seems that you need a press pass although some people have brought them in without any bother. Maybe put on a small lens and hope for the best, I will be emailing them too.

Exactly, I wouldn't be too interested with the bands, just the whole atmosphere. Doing some research it seems that you need a press pass although some people have brought them in without any bother. Maybe put on a small lens and hope for the best, I will be emailing them too.

nice pics BTW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Walked in with a sony nex which is a MILC rather than a DSLR but also had a fairly large 200mm telephoto in a bag as well as a H1 audio recorder and didn't get any hassle. Take the lenses off the camera when going through security and it looks less intimidating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

So some peoples standards are Knife Party now? best keep that sh1t for Oxegen. Aphex Twin and/or Boards of Canada as far as Electronic music goes, please and thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

There was a ticket outlet called Third Wave in sligo here but closed over a year ago and none since...Left this all too late and won't get to an outlet before closing deadline tonight!! Balls.....

Eh just to let ya know, Third Wave is now located in Liber Bookshop which is downstairs from it! Ticketmaster in there, got my EP 3 year loyalty & Longitude Sunday tix there!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Anyone have an idea when the next announcement is due? Sometime next month?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrVoracious

Any chance of The La's playing? I've recently picked up their debut (and possibly only) album, on heed of bands like The Coral and Noel constantly name dropping the band. The album really is, to use a NME-type nonsense, "a pop folk rock album that could save British rock 'n' roll." I know they toured last year but they didn't play the free state. Any chance of an EP appearance?

Haha i'd love that but not a chance. Mavers kinda disappeared (some say due to madness :D) and only resurfaces once every few years for a random gig, usually in liverpool. The album is incredible! i'd say it sounds like someone took the idea for street fighting man and made an album out of it. I love oasis (possibly my favourite band) but I'll admit noel is nowhere near lee's standard when it comes to songwriting. Eventually you'll probably end up trying to get all the bootlegs just to get a hint of a new las song but that second album will probably never happen. Funny how most people call them a 1 hit wonder for some reason when they actually have a huge collection of incredible songs that didn't even make it on the album. If you like them then check out cast - a band that formed around the bloody remains of the la's.
    Anyway the best we can hope for in the same vein as the la's is babyshambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Rumour has it Ian Curtis is rising from the grave so Joy Division can play a one off show at this years Picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

Eh just to let ya know, Third Wave is now located in Liber Bookshop which is downstairs from it! Ticketmaster in there, got my EP 3 year loyalty & Longitude Sunday tix there!

offs....how did i not know this. cheers buddy

offs....how did i not know this. cheers buddy

next year eh!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Haha i'd love that but not a chance. Mavers kinda disappeared (some say due to madness :D) and only resurfaces once every few years for a random gig, usually in liverpool. The album is incredible! i'd say it sounds like someone took the idea for street fighting man and made an album out of it. I love oasis (possibly my favourite band) but I'll admit noel is nowhere near lee's standard when it comes to songwriting. Eventually you'll probably end up trying to get all the bootlegs just to get a hint of a new las song but that second album will probably never happen. Funny how most people call them a 1 hit wonder for some reason when they actually have a huge collection of incredible songs that didn't even make it on the album. If you like them then check out cast - a band that formed around the bloody remains of the la's.
    Anyway the best we can hope for in the same vein as the la's is babyshambles.

Ah that's a shame. Yeah, from what I've read he seems like something of an eccentric perfectionist.

I'm not sure about Noel and Lee. I mean take Noel's best work and compare it to Lee's best. One guy brought out some fairly average stuff, but also brought out some of my favourite music ever. Our Lee had one amazing album with The La's, but then he didn't have the chance to make average records because the band split. So it's making money like Noel vs the artistic credibility that Lee has!!

Cheers though, I'll check out Cast!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Chvrches are fast becoming a favourite

New song released Tuesday is a belter, can't wait to see them.

Advertisement