Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

It seems we won't be getting any big announcement before the end of July anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

It seems we won't be getting any big announcement before the end of July anyway!

Why not!?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Moderat have a new album coming out this August, Im hankering to see them after seeing Modeselektor at Life.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Moderat have a new album coming out this August, Im hankering to see them after seeing Modeselektor at Life.
    I was thinking this would be likely, but I just took a look at their tour dates on RA and they're in the states 31 Aug - 01 Sep.

http://www.residentadvisor.net/dj/moderat/dates

It's in New York (east coast) so it's not a ridiculously long flight, and it's not infeasible that they could play EP on the Friday and fly out from Dublin afterwards. But I wouldn't bank on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

Not sure if many of ye are going to go to Disclosure but their debut album was released today and I'm so hooked I'm tempted to go for the day their on. Really like Fatboy Slim and Arctic Monkeys and Wu Tang would be a bitta craic.

Does this sell out?

And check out Disclosure's album it's amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

after reading about jesus and mary chain at primavera i'm praying they play EP the same night as MBV so belinda butcher can join in for 'just like honey'!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

They didn't take my second instalment plan today as they said they would. Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sdgbt

david75 wrote: »
    They didn't take my second instalment plan today as they said they would. Anyone else?

Me neither. I'm on a really tight budget and need all my bills to come out of the account at the right time so I hope it gets taken soon.
    Pace2008 wrote:
    I was thinking this would be likely, but I just took a look at their tour dates on RA and they're in the states 31 Aug - 01 Sep.

Aw I was after getting my hopes up :P Would also love Caribou and Baths has a new album out as well that I think would suit the picnic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Just checked my bank account and there's a €20 after being taken by Ticketmaster? Bit puzzled as I was expecting it to be €70 and then the next installment €49.50.

Why not!?

Cheap tickets will still be on sale until then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Cheap tickets will still be on sale until then!

I was thinking there'd be one at end of July but before discount is over to drum up some sales and then another one a week or so before EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

The Jesus and Mary Chain would be a dream!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Shakermaker321

I can see Beady Eye being added, no dates made in Ireland yet and album out next week.

I'm a huge Gallagher brothers fan (see my name) but Beady Eye are actually not an EP band. The new album is actually quite alright, but I really couldn't see them being added.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Shakermaker321

I'm a huge Gallagher brothers fan (see my name) but Beady Eye are actually not an EP band. The new album is actually quite alright, but I really couldn't see them being added.

D'You not think so? I would imagine they would fit right in with Arctic Monkeys, Miles Kane, Peace and the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

I can see Beady Eye being added, no dates made in Ireland yet and album out next week.

Hmmm maybe. First album is dreadful. Second album sounds like it could quite good. They were ok on Jools Holland last night. I love the Gallagher brothers but Liams voice has gone downhill so so much since Oasis called it a day and it was never that fantastic to begin with. I'd still go and see them though if they were announced!

I'd love to see Bonobo, GhostPoet and George The Poet added. My heart wants Queens Of The Stone Age but my head is telling me its never going to happen. They had a bit of an 'interaction' with an Irish fan during the week on their Facebook page but It'd really be clutching at straws to say that's an indication of a gig here!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

barry194 wrote: »
    Not sure if many of ye are going to go to Disclosure but their debut album was released today and I'm so hooked I'm tempted to go for the day their on. Really like Fatboy Slim and Arctic Monkeys and Wu Tang would be a bitta craic.

Does this sell out?

And check out Disclosure's album it's amazing.

Love love love it, downloaded this morn.
    Will def be checking him out.
    It won't sell out, it hasn't the last few years and definatly will not sell out this year with the line up

Rfrip wrote: »
    Love love love it, downloaded this morn.
    Will def be checking him out.
    It won't sell out, it hasn't the last few years and definatly will not sell out this year with the line up

It's epic, when a fire starts to burn is going to be massive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

barry194 wrote: »
    It's epic, when a fire starts to burn is going to be massive :)

I seem to have F for you on repeat!

Rfrip wrote: »
    I seem to have F for you on repeat!

Haha same, them two really stand out along with the released ones! Not a bad tune on the album though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

maximoose wrote: »
    Chvrches are fast becoming a favourite

New song released Tuesday is a belter, can't wait to see them.

Going to see them in Boston in the next few weeks, can't wait. They are so so good!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 KH888

It's all about Wu Tang :)

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Saw the Wu @ Primavera last week - very solid set despite the odd tech glitch....

As long as EP makes sure everyone is given a working mic, the ruckus will be very much brought!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 KH888

Saw the Wu @ Primavera last week - very solid set despite the odd tech glitch....

As long as EP makes sure everyone is given a working mic, the ruckus will be very much brought!

Nice one man, say they were class. I've seen them live twice, they were brilliant, Meth and Ghostface in particular. Both gigs were indoor though so like you said I hope EP gets the sound sorted for them.

Really hoping that Deck and Rza are there this time, only two members I haven't seen live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Linda Martin has been announced for closing the main stage on Saturday night.
    Party on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

e83ff0b2d85044cc91a06df.png

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

To quote the Dream Warriors:
    Who is more fool
    The fool or the fool who follows the fool?

It's not really the granny's fault - look at the idiots behind & around her, who should know better!
    Looks somehow like something off Late Late Show??
    ...or a Linda Martin gig?
    ...or is that Linda Martin???

:D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

They still haven't taken my second instalment. Anyone else still waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

david75 wrote: »
    They still haven't taken my second instalment. Anyone else still waiting?

Yup, haven't taken mine either.

• Advertisement

Nor mine

Advertisement