Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mememealways

maximoose wrote: »
    Yup, haven't taken mine either.

Haven't taken mine either!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Marseyred

david75 wrote: »
    They still haven't taken my second instalment. Anyone else still waiting?

Mine is pending against my account so should be taken out by tomorrow/Thursday latest

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Not even pending for me. Same happened last year as well, no biggie.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Marseyred

Not even pending for me. Same happened last year as well, no biggie.

Well I hope it my installment x 2 tickets thats pending for me otherwise my account is in a bad stage for rest of month :((

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

If any of you paid your first installment during May I don't think the second one is due till the end of this month.
    According to the email they sent out in April when they first announced tickets.
    Instalment plans will be available online for all Weekend Camping and Family Weekend Camping ticket prices to any customer wishing to take advantage of a payment plan.
    The first payment will be taken immediately with the second payment being made the following month. Your final instalment or payment will be taken the next month.

If you pay your first instalment between 27th April and the 30th April your 2nd payment date will be in or around the 31st May and your 3rd and final payment will be in or around the 30th June.

If you pay your first instalment between 1st May and 31st May your 2nd payment will be in or around the 30th June and the 3rd and final payment will be in or around the 31st July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sdgbt

I paid on the 27th and they still haven't taken the next instalment for me either. It's wrecking my head, because I'm broke and need to know where I stand in terms of money.

Imagine if we got weather like this for the picnic! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    If any of you paid your first installment during May I don't think the second one is due till the end of this month.
    According to the email they sent out in April when they first announced tickets.

Tickets for me and my GF had this when bought May 10th
    You have authorised Ticketmaster to auto debit a second instalment of €70.00 in or around the 31 May 2013 and the balance of €29.50 + Service Charge per ticket ('Balance'), which will be charged to the same credit card on 30 June 2013. Failure to authorise this auto debit will result in you forfeiting your Electric Picnic Ticket(s) and Deposit.

Tickets bought for mates at the end of the month
    You have authorised Ticketmaster to auto debit a second instalment of €70.00 in or around the 30 June 2013 and the balance of €29.50 + Service Charge per ticket ('Balance'), which will be charged to the same credit card on 31 July 2013. Failure to authorise this auto debit will result in you forfeiting your Electric Picnic Ticket(s) and Deposit.

I rang them last week and they said it was gonna be last Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Linda Martin has been announced for closing the main stage on Saturday night.
    Party on.

I'm not sure why, but i searched for, and watched it on youtube.
    Odd to say the least. Kinda like watching yer auld wan doing karaoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I'm not sure why, but i searched for, and watched it on youtube.
    Odd to say the least. Kinda like watching yer auld wan doing karaoke.

Linda Martin & Get lucky in the same sentence uuuggggghhhhhhhh!!!! :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

H8GHOTI wrote: »

This makes sense. Thanks man!
    Gonna call em to orris just to confirm.

• Advertisement

bank account balance has been battered today, looks like they've taken it!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sdgbt

bank account balance has been battered today, looks like they've taken it!

Same here. Just have to keep telling myself it'll be worth it when I look at the .48c that's left! :D Can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Walt Jabsco

I just rang Ticketmaster and they said they'd be going into my account for the second installment tomorrow. I was getting worried there.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

I think the thread needs to be renamed...

Is everyone going to EP on this thread really really really poor...it reads like something I'd expect on a personal finance thread:D

Anyone got any idea when to expect the next announcement from EP? Been doing alot of browsing on eircom musichub in the last couple of weeks on acts that I've not listened to before...liking The Knife at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

GK1001 wrote: »
    ...liking The Knife at the moment

Their last tour looked incredible, and they have some of the coolest electronic tunes around imo. But this tour is meant to be pretty weird..really mixed reviews. Still think they'd be cool to see even just for Silent Shout!

GK1001 wrote: »
    I think the thread needs to be renamed...

Is everyone going to EP on this thread really really really poor...it reads like something I'd expect on a personal finance thread:D

Anyone got any idea when to expect the next announcement from EP? Been doing alot of browsing on eircom musichub in the last couple of weeks on acts that I've not listened to before...liking The Knife at the moment

wouldn't say poor more concerned.

When you are told money is coming out of your account on X day and you don't check your statement and assume it was taken and blow a tenner to much and are just short for the amount TM want to take out and that auto cancels your tickets?

Heck i was supposed to have 140 taken 6 days ago and still nothing and there will be another 140 for mates tickets coming out sometime this month again.

Is it so hard to do it all on one day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

I reckon they have only a few people in the EP office entering all the details for each card, and for how much each person is to be debited. Mine came out a few days ago, others had money come out last Friday while some still haven't had money come out.

That's not a bank issue.

I reckon they have only a few people in the EP office entering all the details for each card.

If tickets were bought directly from EP, maybe. But everything is through Ticketmaster, who are a big organisation and you'd expect them to have a system in place to handle instalment plans a bit better. It's a bit all over the shop.

I reckon they have only a few people in the EP office entering all the details for each card, and for how much each person is to be debited. Mine came out a few days ago, others had money come out last Friday while some still haven't had money come out.

That's not a bank issue.

no no the banks (for a change) have done nothing wrong its TM asking for the money.

even if it was removed from my available balance on the said dates. That way you know you aren't gonna spend what you shouldn't

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Were there issues with installments previously, does anybody know or remember? I reckon the fact that there were two different prices going is also part of the reason for the delay. The fact that some payments have gone through and some have not would suggest to me that they somebody, somewhere is processing details. Maybe it's two lads in a ticketmaster office rather than in an EP office?!

• Advertisement

Were there issues with installments previously, does anybody know or remember?

Just the same as there is now, payments not being taken until 4 or 5 days than they advised customers. I remember last year having to ring up and ask when it was being taken as they hadn't taken it on the dates they told everyone. It's not a massive issue but could be a right pain in the arse for some, and should be easily avoidable.

Were there issues with installments previously, does anybody know or remember? I reckon the fact that there were two different prices going is also part of the reason for the delay. The fact that some payments have gone through and some have not would suggest to me that they somebody, somewhere is processing details. Maybe it's two lads in a ticketmaster office rather than in an EP office?!

If you have the system set up there should be 0 issues like this.

its kinda micky mouse

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Their last tour looked incredible, and they have some of the coolest electronic tunes around imo. But this tour is meant to be pretty weird..really mixed reviews. Still think they'd be cool to see even just for Silent Shout!

Saw them @ Primavera two weeks ago. I thought the show was pretty cool, but get ready for lots of people making "Riverdance" comments - and moaning about it not being live enough for them - it's certainly not your typical stage show.

I wasn't that close to the front and made a mental note to get up close @ EP - I reckon the clearer I can see the action, the more fun it'll be.

Bit bummed that they're apparently playing the Sunday night - by then I'm usually winding down... would love it if they were closing one of the main stage/tents on Saturday night....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Took this this evening is anyone's interested in what the place looks like in June

http://oi44.tinypic.com/s3hu6x.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Sky King wrote: »
    Took this this evening is anyone's interested in what the place looks like in June

Very nice!
    Remember looking at google sat images of Stradbally a while back taken a few days after the festival everything was pretty much gone, few trailers, fencing stacks but u could see the mud tracks & stage tent shapes. Would have been awesome if they google imaged during the festival.

There used to allot of air traffic during the EP, wasn't much more than the Garda helicopter last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Saw them @ Primavera two weeks ago. I thought the show was pretty cool, but get ready for lots of people making "Riverdance" comments - and moaning about it not being live enough for them - it's certainly not your typical stage show.

I wasn't that close to the front and made a mental note to get up close @ EP - I reckon the clearer I can see the action, the more fun it'll be.

Bit bummed that they're apparently playing the Sunday night - by then I'm usually winding down... would love it if they were closing one of the main stage/tents on Saturday night....

Cheers for the feedback! Tbh, I wouldn't be too pushed about how good they are since I'll probably be fairly drunk :P Just seeing them would be cool enough since never really thought I'd get the chance. It is a slight shame though since I watched the last tour on Youtube and it looked amazing.

I agree with ya about the Sunday, another shame. Definitely winding down at that stage, and they'll probably clash with Arctic Monkeys who will draw most of my mates!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Great pic, what were you flying in?
    always nice to see the site 'in the nude':D

always nice to see the site 'in the nude':D

Oh Matron!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Great pic, what were you flying in?

A microlight. Hoping to pop over there for a look coming up to the event as well - see how things are progressing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

A microlight. Hoping to pop over there for a look coming up to the event as well - see how things are progressing!

well if you do make sure to post here, watching/reading the build up reports adds to the excitement of it all.

Advertisement