Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

Been away for a while. Bet still good?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

What date did you buy em?

I bought mine the morning they went on sale n say I got them two wks later. Bought them over the phone as my code wouldn't worj

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Some nice images, but it would be an absolute cockfest if most lads seen this vid, gives the complete wrong impression, bikini's & hot tub?? Where?

yeah, around the body and soul area, the hot tubs were actually sort of fenced off (to keep out the riff raff & perves ;)) but I still managed to see em!

It's not a bad video actually, it does capture the essence of the picnic, however the hot chick heading to EP on her own via bus...does not happen, she ensures she is surrounded by adoring prick teased lads of course and is glamping it up in a yurt or daddy's Hummer for the weekend;)

It showed Arcadia also, which is well gone unfortunately.
    Good to see they used Orbital music, real EP music I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

danniemcq wrote: »
    kinda, they are all waterproof up to a point so one from dunnes could withstand a light shower whereas one from a proper camping place could nearly survive a night in a lake (well maybe not)

Waterproofing them yourself improves this rating like polishing a car for the water to run off.

If you have a cheap tent or a tent for a few years/outings you should apply it

Ah I see. You were mainly talking about cheaper tents. Better quality tents are pretty much 100% waterproof (if put up correctly!). I actually didn’t realise that you could get waterproofing spray for tents, that’s why I was wondering how you were doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I actually didn’t realise that you could get waterproofing spray for tents, that’s why I was wondering how you were doing it.

Spray eh? That sounds handy. 2 years ago when there was horrific rain for a few of the days, I had a cheapo pop up tent and when the forecast was looking bad I went to a DIY store and bought a big sheet of tarpaulin for around €6, just set up the tent and pinned the sheet over the top of it. Did the job lovely :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Ah I see. You were mainly talking about cheaper tents. Better quality tents are pretty much 100% waterproof (if put up correctly!). I actually didn’t realise that you could get waterproofing spray for tents, that’s why I was wondering how you were doing it.

even if its a top quality one though i'd apply it every few years... must do that myself actually this year. 100 quid tent bought in a sale so its decent and never had any issues but better safe than sorry! Its got a few batterings through the years

maximoose wrote: »
    Spray eh? That sounds handy. 2 years ago when there was horrific rain for a few of the days, I had a cheapo pop up tent and when the forecast was looking bad I went to a DIY store and bought a big sheet of tarpaulin for around €6, just set up the tent and pinned the sheet over the top of it. Did the job lovely :)

Yeah

oh well thats another 15 mins on my walk home this evening!

oh well thats another 15 mins on my walk home this evening!

Reserve it online first and you'll get a 20% discount.

Reserve it online first and you'll get a 20% discount.

hah brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

Anyone have any idea which day John Grant is playing at EP13? Forum and his website give no indication.

R Plant playing on the Sat if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Hammer91

anyone know when disclosure are playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Peterd66 wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea which day John Grant is playing at EP13? Forum and his website give no indication.

R Plant playing on the Sat if anyone is interested.

No idea on R Grant, but unmissable!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭IrishWelshCelt

Any idea what day Arctic Monkeys are playing? Preferably I'd just go for the sunday as Im not exactly flush at the moment but if they're on friday/saturday I may have to reconsider....

Any idea what day Arctic Monkeys are playing? Preferably I'd just go for the sunday as Im not exactly flush at the moment but if they're on friday/saturday I may have to reconsider....
    Schedule hasn't been released yet.

Does anybody know when the schedule is die to be released? Or when was it released last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Pretty certain AM are the Sunday headliners. See here

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

Sunday according to the Monkeys official site http://www.arcticmonkeys.com/news.php?id=575

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Schedule hasn't been released yet.

Does anybody know when the schedule is die to be released? Or when was it released last year?

It's usually not released till a week or 2 before EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭IrishWelshCelt

Fago123 wrote: »
    Sunday according to the Monkeys official site http://www.arcticmonkeys.com/news.php?id=575

Cheers thats great :)

Can you buy day tickets on the day or do you have to get them in advance?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

Is Robert Plant DEFINITELY confirmed to be playing on the Saturday?? I urgently need this info..
    Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

sue z wrote: »
    Is Robert Plant DEFINITELY confirmed to be playing on the Saturday?? I urgently need this info..
    Thanks!

Yup yup.
    http://www.robertplant.com/tour/

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

Thanks so much! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 robk84

Phantom have just said theres a big announcement Monday morning for QOTSA fans. Could they be playing EP?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

robk84 wrote: »
    Phantom have just said theres a big announcement Monday morning for QOTSA fans. Could they be playing EP?

Unfortunately not: http://www.songkick.com/artists/479466-queens-of-the-stone-age/calendar?page=5

Been addicted to their new song 'I Sat by the Ocean' so woulda loved it! I presume they are playin in Ireland though which is what the announcement more than likely is.

Unfortunately not: http://www.songkick.com/artists/479466-queens-of-the-stone-age/calendar?page=5

Been addicted to their new song 'I Sat by the Ocean' so woulda loved it! I presume they are playin in Ireland though which is what the announcement more than likely is.

complete long shot but.....

would they be playing both days of that festival? It could let them play the Friday travel Saturday and preform Sunday over there?

probably not though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Sounds like they will be announcing a UK/Ireland tour for winter, perfect timing after their Download gig.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

complete long shot but.....

would they be playing both days of that festival? It could let them play the Friday travel Saturday and preform Sunday over there?

probably not though :(

Yea would love them to play Friday . Then travel back to the US on saturday for the Sunday slot at the Budweiser festival
    honru wrote: »
    Sounds like they will be announcing a UK/Ireland tour for winter, perfect timing after their Download gig.

Yea i say its prob a tour , guessing 2 nights in Olympia

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Yea would love them to play Friday . Then travel back to the US on saturday for the Sunday slot at the Budweiser festival

Yea i say its prob a tour , guessing 2 nights in Olympia

This would be perfect !! but reckon it will be the o2... better than nothing i reckon..:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

exilec wrote: »
    This would be perfect !! but reckon it will be the o2... better than nothing i reckon..:rolleyes:

Well they have announced some UK dates and so far they are all arenas so id say it will be the o2 this time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Well they have announced some UK dates and so far they are all arenas so id say it will be the o2 this time
    Cheers, any link for those dates ? can't find anything.. might do a trip over :cool:

Advertisement