Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 fionamcfi

So this will be my 4th year at picnic. Thinking of trying out the alternative camping. I normally stay in Hendrix but thought I'd treat myself. Just wondering is it worth it? Obviously the toilets will be better than the 'trough' which wouldn't be hard. But like is that the only benefit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chris911

Just spotted this competition online if anyone interested? could be for dis gig https://www.facebook.com/SmartLounge/app_137102759807028

• Registered Users Posts: 12,872 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Are there any tickets left for this? I just found out that My Bloody Valentine are playing and I'd love to see them. What would be the cheapest ticket I could get?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

€190 until the end of July at the minute... Unless someone is willing to sell one of the €150 tickets that should be about it really

http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_electric+picnic/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

fionamcfi wrote: »
    So this will be my 4th year at picnic. Thinking of trying out the alternative camping. I normally stay in Hendrix but thought I'd treat myself. Just wondering is it worth it? Obviously the toilets will be better than the 'trough' which wouldn't be hard. But like is that the only benefit?

I've stayed at Pink Moon the past few years (Tangerine Fields before that) and was it worth it? YES! Worth every penny, even just for guaranteed quiet for sleep at the wee hours.
    The cost per person could be a bit more than the entire EP ticket but hey, it's worth it. Lots of showers with hot water and generally a nice vibe around the place, no trouble around the tents etc and well stewarded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

In case anyone's interested Tour de Picnic has added a 10k run this year. The usual cycle will also go ahead. All the details here:

http://www.goldenplec.com/tour-de-picnic-no-longer-for-those-with-two-wheels/

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭afc4life

Is it just me or has Baauer been pulled from the line up? He's not on the websites page anymore and he just put up a picture of European festivals he is doing this summer and EP wasnt on it! :/
    I really hope its not true I was really looking forward to seeing him a second time!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

afc4life wrote: »
    Is it just me or has Baauer been pulled from the line up?
    Surely you'd know if they pulled you from the line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Is it just me or has Baauer been pulled from the line up? He's not on the websites page anymore and he just put up a picture of European festivals he is doing this summer and EP wasnt on it! :/
    I really hope its not true I was really looking forward to seeing him a second time!

He's sh1te and you're deaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kered Notnroth

Right, I intend to bring 65L rucksack, guitar and (fold-up luggage style) trolley with beer along to my virgin outing this year, which leads me to ask; will I be let get on the Bus Eireann with this?

And, are 3m x 3m gazebos permitted in the campsite?

Sorry, I haven't got time to trawl through years of posts on the EL.

Pretty much like this - €24 in B&Q

ImageHandler.ashx?id=16174&targetSize=300

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

he was removed from the lineup after a few weeks from what i can remember. i think i saw he's playing in America that weekend instead, so probably just had a better offer and cancelled.
    would have liked to check him out as i heard a few of his sets and they're pretty good if you're into trap stuff, although 90% of the crowd would probably just be there to hear Harlem Shake :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Harlem shake :|

Those Gazebos are fine and will fit on a bus no problem. They're packaged just like a tent. I used one in '11 and set our tents and chairs around it and even set up rubbish bags on each post... Worked out fine since it rained a bit. Also on the last night some clown robbed post 1A of one of the legs... not a big deal tbh since it was only 20 quid or something

Only thing was when it rained any one nearby hijacked it a bit which is fine but people leave such a bloody mess even with plastic bags a foot away

They're fine and they will be everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 18 fionamcfi

I've stayed at Pink Moon the past few years (Tangerine Fields before that) and was it worth it? YES! Worth every penny, even just for guaranteed quiet for sleep at the wee hours.
    The cost per person could be a bit more than the entire EP ticket but hey, it's worth it. Lots of showers with hot water and generally a nice vibe around the place, no trouble around the tents etc and well stewarded.

Thanks a mill!!! This really helps ...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 IntoYourSister

Right, I intend to bring 65L rucksack, guitar

Please don't. Just please don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

I was also planning on bringing my guitar tbh. I can play Wonderwall and everything

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

fionamcfi wrote: »

The last few years we have done the boutique camping. It is expensive but it's so worth it. The boutique area is quiet n chilled out, great toilets, great peace of mind there aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I was also planning on bringing my guitar tbh. I can play Wonderwall and everything

just don't, for the love of all things that have ever existed don't

Its not a great idea, you will look like a twat and piss everyone off that is near you.

same goes for ukalayle or however that torture instrument is spelt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Don't be silly mate, everyone loves Wonderwall. I could probably do Cast No Shadow and Don't Look Back in Anger as well. I do a mean version of Video Games as well, which the whole campsite could sing along to at 9AM on the Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Something I've noticed, no one seems to like the guy who brings the guitar to the festival, so why does anyone ever do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

SV wrote: »
    Something I've noticed, no one seems to like the guy who brings the guitar to the festival, so why does anyone ever do it?

They are usually delusional and think they have the greatest idea ever.

oh there is music, i do music therefore i must bring music.

It seems like great idea for 2 mins till a chorus of shut the f*ck up starts and eternal hate is sent your camps way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Trhiggy83

If you dont mind going home without the guitar then work away (dont bring anything you cant afford to leave behind)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

danniemcq wrote: »
    They are usually delusional and think they have the greatest idea ever.

oh there is music, i do music therefore i must bring music.

It seems like great idea for 2 mins till a chorus of shut the f*ck up starts and eternal hate is sent your camps way

Ahhh right yeah, I dunno, I'd just view a place where there's a lot of professionals there to play music as being the worst possible place to bring a guitar to provide your own kind of music.

Always viewed them as unreal attention seekers but figured SOMEONE must like them.. I guess not!

nocoverart wrote: »
    He's sh1te and you're deaf.

Perfect this was such a constructive response, youre a douchabag! If you dont enjoy the genre there's no need to bash on it, keep it to yourself like a good lad.

he was removed from the lineup after a few weeks from what i can remember. i think i saw he's playing in America that weekend instead, so probably just had a better offer and cancelled.
    would have liked to check him out as i heard a few of his sets and they're pretty good if you're into trap stuff, although 90% of the crowd would probably just be there to hear Harlem Shake :rolleyes:

Thanks for the only positive response Ive gotten yet! I dont even think of Baauer as 'the harlem shake' guy because I knew of him before it all blew up (I know it sounds so hipstery, im just saying it because he has other amazing songs). I am actually disappointed he isnt going now, when I saw him in The Twisted Pepper in November he had an amazing set. He had a perfect mixture of trap and hip hop which id love to experience again, oh well! :/

And anyone bashing him are idiots, never mind harlem shake. Listen to his other stuff, his production skills are on point! One of the best around. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kered Notnroth

Please don't. Just please don't.
    Awww! And I was getting dead good at Killing In The Name Of...especially the bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Watching Glastonbury on the TV is really getting me in the festival mood, wish I was there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 drkingschultz

Yeah watching glasto has my blood pumping and the monkeys seem pretty good can't wait to see them at the picnic now. I'm also an ep virgin so I'm looking forward to see if the legends are true about the overall soundness and brilliance of the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭kwat

they wouldn't let any gazebos in last year. take up too much space. weather was so good last year anyways they weren't needed.

Right, I intend to bring 65L rucksack, guitar and (fold-up luggage style) trolley with beer along to my virgin outing this year, which leads me to ask; will I be let get on the Bus Eireann with this?

And, are 3m x 3m gazebos permitted in the campsite?

Sorry, I haven't got time to trawl through years of posts on the EL.

Pretty much like this - €24 in B&Q

ImageHandler.ashx?id=16174&targetSize=300

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Second installment payment was due out yesterday and it was never taken, now the Pixies have announced a date in Dublin that money is burning a hole in my bank...
    HURRY UP PICNIC!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

Second installment payment was due out yesterday and it was never taken, now the Pixies have announced a date in Dublin that money is burning a hole in my bank...
    HURRY UP PICNIC!

Has it come out yet? I spent way too much saturday night and only just now managed to get money back into the account. Think ive been lucky though...

Advertisement