Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Would love if Editors get added since they are on tour in August

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

The joys of reading this thread at work

Any chance of naming who they are on youtube links?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

danniemcq wrote: »
    The joys of reading this thread at work

Any chance of naming who they are on youtube links?

Editors is what the link is for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Casshern88 wrote: »
    Is there another round of acts to be announced yet before the event?? If so any idea when this will be and any speculation of who?

There will probably be another few rounds. It's unknown who's booked or when the announcement is though, so it's all speculation.

The thoughts here are that the announcement will be around the 22nd of this month, to boost sales before tickets go to full price on the 28th.

There's usually some last minute acts announced (2nd / 3rd week of August) to entice the straglers in.

The organisers responded on twitter to a question about this, saying that there were plenty of acts to come. There were 60 or so on the bill at that time, and they said they had announced only half the acts (casa bacardi has since been announced).

There will also be the little big tent acts which are announced separately, and then there's the body and soul stages, which are announced separately. Same goes for the salty dog, the rave in the woods, and mindfield, so plenty to come.

Mexicola on the EP forum suggested not to get your hopes up about future announcements being great, because EP themselves are broke.

Roddy23 wrote: »
    Editors is what the link is for.

Nice one!

they would be awesome at it too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

There will probably be another few rounds. It's unknown who's booked or when the announcement is though, so it's all speculation.

The thoughts here are that the announcement will be around the 22nd of this month, to boost sales before tickets go to full price on the 28th.

There's usually some last minute acts announced (2nd / 3rd week of August) to entice the straglers in.

The organisers responded on twitter to a question about this, saying that there were plenty of acts to come. There were 60 or so on the bill at that time, and they said they had announced only half the acts (casa bacardi has since been announced).

There will also be the little big tent acts which are announced separately, and then there's the body and soul stages, which are announced separately. Same goes for the salty dog, the rave in the woods, and mindfield, so plenty to come.

Mexicola on the EP forum suggested not to get your hopes up about future announcements being great, because EP themselves are broke.

Even just mentioning those things got me excited! Once it's got a good groove cool, half the fun is finding new stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

Well, the groove is much more appealing at the rave in the woods these days since they changed from the psy-trance stuff. Used to love goin there but it was a bit full-on.. The new house and techno vibe is much easier to get funky to at the end of a long day partying. Oh man, can't wait myself now.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 asdustdances94

Can anyone who's been at EP before describe it in a paragraph for me , first time going and really wanna get myself excited :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Can anyone who's been at EP before describe it in a paragraph for me , first time going and really wanna get myself excited :pac:

good

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

What are the chances of Chic returning this year.....they play Bingley Festival in the UK on Sunday 1 Sept, seen them at Glastonbury and last time round at the picnic.....thoughts anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Have asked this myself.i know they were at forbidden fruit but sure they can come back to us again! They are at bestival aswell the weekend after ep. Like why can't ep book them again! I know things are not that simple but it's really frustrating to see amazing line ups for other festivals

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

they're playing Dublin twice in October, so I doubt it.

they're playing Dublin twice in October, so I doubt it.

Are they really? Oh where....rushes off to get credit card

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Rfrip wrote: »
    Are they really? Oh where....rushes off to get credit card

Me too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

No chance of Chic showing up at EP this year. I'd be very surprised if anyone even remotely on the same level gets added at this point. The big names are in place and I think most of the additions will be smaller local bands and DJs from here on in.

28th 29th October, a fecking Monday and Tuesday night...balls

Toast wrote: »
    No chance of Chic showing up at EP this year. I'd be very surprised if anyone even remotely on the same level gets added at this point. The big names are in place and I think most of the additions will be smaller local bands and DJs from here on in.

This depresses me...I know ur right but I've a smidgen of hope....

For me it's like being in a completely different place altogether. Once your parked up and settled at your camp it's just brilliant. It will b my fifth one and it's my favourite wkend of the year. Even if you see like two bands all wkend it doesn't matter( prob just as well this year considering the line up) . Spend hours wandering round body and soul, check out the silent disco and just have absolutely no plan of action for the entire wkend. I just really hope they haven't scrimped on all the other parts of the festival outside of the line up. Enjoy ul love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Just saw Swords are plaing the Salty Dog stage on Friday night.

Not sure if this was common knowledge or anything but it just caught my eye on their website!

Liking their new song 'All the boys'

has the times/line up for salty dog been released?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

That tour date is from 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

My first year going this year, i have my ticket bought allready, im wondering how much money do most people spend over the weekend? im thinking of bringing 300 for the weekend.

Casshern88 wrote: »
    My first year going this year, i have my ticket bought allready, im wondering how much money do most people spend over the weekend? im thinking of bringing 300 for the weekend.

I always bring that amount but usually spend 200-250. I spend a lot on drink inside. I do bring my own spirits but during the day I drink lot of mojitos n tiger beers. Then spend a fortune on food all day Sunday when I'm just wrecked!!!
    Each to their own with money n you could get away with spending so so much less but.........I fecking love those mojitos!!!

Mr.S wrote: »
    Basically try and bring as much food/drink with you!

Just not to much, I've had mates land down with everything bar the kitchen sink. So much sandwich making stuff, bars, cereal everything and barely any got used.

I aim for a fiver a meal, 3 days, usually 3 meals a day so about 50 quid give or take does me

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭christy_weezer

Hey, this is my first time going and I'll probably be going alone so thinking of going to the quiet campsite, just wondering how quiet it actually is and is drinking and that permitted in it or is all that stuff not allowed? Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭askU

Hey, this is my first time going and I'll probably be going alone so thinking of going to the quiet campsite, just wondering how quiet it actually is and is drinking and that permitted in it or is all that stuff not allowed? Cheers!

Drinking is allowed on the campsite. you cant cook food with mini stoves etc.
    Bring cans from campsite inot main arena is not permitted but every one smuggles 1 or 2 in somme tines with success or with out.
    The quiet campsite is the furthest to walk to main arena.
    It doesnt matter what campaite if one brings a pair of industrial ear plugs..and dont camp near the vendors

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Aldi the night before to stock up on cereal bars (breakfast) and crisps (lunch) and then eddie rockets cheesy fries for dinner each night :D

By Saturday morning your too hungover/scaggy to eat anyway ;)

I wouldn't even think of eating so little if i was on the beer for the weekend tbh.
    In my experience, especially when on sessions, eating substantially throughout the day cuts down on the severity of the hangover.
    askU wrote: »
    Drinking is allowed on the campsite. you cant cook food with mini stoves etc.
    Bring cans from campsite inot main arena is not permitted but every one smuggles 1 or 2 in somme tines with success or with out.
    The quiet campsite is the furthest to walk to main arena.
    It doesnt matter what campaite if one brings a pair of industrial ear plugs..and dont camp near the vendors

This is true, but while you're not allowed to cook beside your tent, i think there are designated spots for those disposable bbq things.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Aldi the night before to stock up on cereal bars (breakfast) and crisps (lunch) and then eddie rockets cheesy fries for dinner each night :D

All that beautiful food around and you choose Eddie Rockets :eek:

I wouldn't even think of eating so little if i was on the beer for the weekend tbh.
    In my experience, especially when on sessions, eating substantially throughout the day cuts down on the severity of the hangover.

I find the waking up in a tent at 7am feeling like its 40 degrees in a panic thinking its 5 in the afternnoon and i've missed most of the day!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

danniemcq wrote: »
    I find the waking up in a tent at 7am feeling like its 40 degrees in a panic thinking its 5 in the afternnoon and i've missed most of the day!

Haha I hate that waking up and having no idea what time it is, do aldi do sun dials?

Advertisement