Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I'm getting pretty excited, but then again, I'm picturing the whole event drenched in this glorious sunshine!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

50 Days to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

I caught DJ Kali at Body and Soul, if you get a chance to see her in Trenchtown go. Savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

tmc86 wrote: »
    50 Days to go!

49 to many!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

If only it was tomorrow! Although the weather last year was fine and Sunday was especially nice. Nothing like a cold one sitting on the bank in B&S watching a good band to beat that hangover!

As long as it's dry and we get at least one day of good sunshine then I'll be happy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

If Disclosure are on the same day as Arctic Monkeys I will be over the bloody moon :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Lads any idea who is going to do the 00.30 on Saturday night dance choonsy slot on the main stage , i would have thought Fatboy slim was the only suitable choice but he is on friday. Dont think disclosure have a catalog yet to pull it off, there is no real obvious choice really.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

John Grant playing on Sat 31st for those interested.

Details from the Brookyln vegan website (I kid you not!!!).

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

lbj666 wrote: »
    Lads any idea who is going to do the 00.30 on Saturday night dance choonsy slot on the main stage , i would have thought Fatboy slim was the only suitable choice but he is on friday. Dont think disclosure have a catalog yet to pull it off, there is no real obvious choice really.

maybe they'll just scrap it this year? none of the big mainstream dance acts are touring live this year really, only one that I can see is The Prodigy, who are playing Creamfields the week before EP.
    some of the big ones are doing DJ sets here and there around Europe, so maybe they'll book one of them to do that, although it would be a bit crap not being live, but Fatboy Slim is only a DJ set too, so you never know...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Be nice if they let Le Galaxie do it. or that Irish Daft Punk cover band?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

maybe they'll just scrap it this year? none of the big mainstream dance acts are touring live this year really, only one that I can see is The Prodigy, who are playing Creamfields the week before EP.
    some of the big ones are doing DJ sets here and there around Europe, so maybe they'll book one of them to do that, although it would be a bit crap not being live, but Fatboy Slim is only a DJ set too, so you never know...

Maybe justice dj set i dunno , but it there looks to be a major gap there with the current line up.

Justice seem to be at the Zurich Openair festival on the Saturday night: http://zurichopenair.ch/lineup
    the Pet Shop Boys are playing the Berlin festival the week after, which is run by Festival Republic and shared some acts with EP last year, and are sort of dance-y, although i'd imagine they'd be in the Electric Arena if they were booked...

Boys Noize are playing it too, but they're in America on the Saturday night of EP.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Toast wrote: »
    Be nice if they let Le Galaxie do it. or that Irish Daft Punk cover band?

Daft Funk?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 IntoYourSister

Justice seem to be at the Zurich Openair festival on the Saturday night: http://zurichopenair.ch/lineup
    the Pet Shop Boys are playing the Berlin festival the week after, which is run by Festival Republic and shared some acts with EP last year, and are sort of dance-y, although i'd imagine they'd be in the Electric Arena if they were booked...

Boys Noize are playing it too, but they're in America on the Saturday night of EP.

Doubt any of these will get added. Just looking at the lineup at the moment, i think they have announced all their big hitters and it will only be small filler acts from here on in. Just my personal view but i can't see any more big acts announced.

Doubt any of these will get added. Just looking at the lineup at the moment, i think they have announced all their big hitters and it will only be small filler acts from here on in. Just my personal view but i can't see any more big acts announced.
    well there were plenty of similar-sized acts announced in subsequent announcements every other year...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭Rfrip

well there were plenty of similar-sized acts announced in subsequent announcements every other year...

Oh some hope...thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Cyril Hahn is yet to be announced so he COULD be the Saturday night closer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

tmc86 wrote: »
    Unfortunately I can say that I have slept through before!

Back in 2007 I went with a friend and travelled up Friday as normal. I'd come off the guts of a 65 hour week but with all of the EP excitement we ended up staying up most of Friday night until dawn. Cue a few hours kip and back out for the day.

Round about 6pm we were shattered so came back to the tent (right by main arena) and said we'd grab a power nap for 2 hours and get up fresh for the Chemical Brothers (one of the acts we were most looking forward too). Set the alarm for 8 and off to sleep we went.

Woke up feeling fresh but it was oddly quiet around, v. little noise. My buddy woke up pretty much when I did and we just looked at each other wondering why it was so quiet. Poked the head out and saw it was a beautiful Sunday morning and realised we'd just slept straight through the night and not one of us woke.

I had ended up setting my alarm for 8am instead of 8pm and instead had managed a solid 14 hour sleep!- Disaster!

Feel ur pain, A few years ago had a major Friday-Sat barely any sleep! crashed some time sat night sun morning!
    Woke up, left my tent it was overcast slightly dark. None of my mates were around, it was really eerie, quiet almost like a 28days later scene I was a bit freaked out! Phone dead, no watch, checked my pockets no money other than a. €2 coin. Went to a stall got a cup of tea, asked the girl there, she said it was 5;30-6 o'clock then I had the indignity of asking "Am or Pm" to be told it was am, short pause followed by my next question "what day is it" her manner went from polite to get away from me ur weirdo! As she sheepishly said Monday! Mortified IDE slept through Sunday and Sunday night!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Feel ur pain, A few years ago had a major Friday-Sat barely any sleep! crashed some time sat night sun morning!
    Woke up, left my tent it was overcast slightly dark. None of my mates were around, it was really eerie, quiet almost like a 28days later scene I was a bit freaked out! Phone dead, no watch, checked my pockets no money other than a. €2 coin. Went to a stall got a cup of tea, asked the girl there, she said it was 5;30-6 o'clock then I had the indignity of asking "Am or Pm" to be told it was am, short pause followed by my next question "what day is it" her manner went from polite to get away from me ur weirdo! As she sheepishly said Monday! Mortified IDE slept through Sunday and Sunday night!!

Brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Fatfrog wrote: »

Thought this post was a case of tl;dr but then the next two posts made me go back and read it. Hilarious! I feel for ya but thank you for sharing so I know not to end up in a similar state!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Never been to EP before so not sure how the camping situation is, I've a pretty big one ( 4 man with hall in middle ) so it takes up a bit of space.
    If I was arriving at say 7pm on the Friday, how screwed would I be trying to get a decent space to pitch it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

SV wrote: »
    Never been to EP before so not sure how the camping situation is, I've a pretty big one ( 4 man with hall in middle ) so it takes up a bit of space.
    If I was arriving at say 7pm on the Friday, how screwed would I be trying to get a decent space to pitch it?

You should get somewhere as long as you are not too picky

• Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Well the Knife is also playing Zurich but also playing the Picnic so I wouldn't rule out Justice yet. I'm still hoping that they pull Aphex Twin out of the bag for the late Saturday night head liner, he also has a banging light show that would be perfect for the main stage from 12.30 am onwards.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Well the Knife is also playing Zurich but also playing the Picnic so I wouldn't rule out Justice yet. I'm still hoping that they pull Aphex Twin out of the bag for the late Saturday night head liner, he also has a banging light show that would be perfect for the main stage from 12.30 am onwards.
    my post was regarding Justice for the Saturday night main stage dance act, which they won't be as they're in Zurich that night.

Aphex Twin isn't playing anywhere this year, so he's not going to be at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭UnawareCaesar

Was here last year but didn't pay much attention to bus schedules.

UCD have been sound enough to put my graduation on the Monday morning at 10:30 so I just wanna know do the busses back to Dublin run through the night or how early do they start. May have to graduate in shorts and wellies :/

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Jamie Cal

I cannot wait to see The Walkmen. The crowd'll erupt for The Rat. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 MickOLeary

Good call on Gestaffelstein ! mans a genius

• Registered Users Posts: 16 MickOLeary

Looking at footage of Gesaffelstein from Bestival, I think he would be a good addition for EP next year.

Good call!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

Phantom confirmed The Lewis Duckworth Method will be announced. That's Neil Hannons 'other' band, so good news for fans of The Divine Comedy :D

http://www.phantom.ie/page/190.195/2942/0/Additions_to_Electric_Picnic_line-up_coming_next_week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A.Gorilla

Mr.S wrote: »
    BPOajUcCUAA4dhP.png
    The day after longitude....I presume that means some of the bands will play EP as well :)

Advertisement