Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Probably but it will be mostly the irish acts on that bill i'd say. Definitely not the main headliners anyway. Still hoping by some miracle Godspeed you! black emperor are announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

lbj666 wrote: »
    Probably but it will be mostly the irish acts on that bill i'd say. Definitely not the main headliners anyway. Still hoping by some miracle Godspeed you! black emperor are announced.

it would be worth the ticket price alone just to see GY!BE play.

ciaranf92 wrote: »
    Phantom confirmed The Lewis Duckworth Method will be announced. That's Neil Hannons 'other' band, so good news for fans of The Divine Comedy :D

http://www.phantom.ie/page/190.195/2942/0/Additions_to_Electric_Picnic_line-up_coming_next_week

now that we've qualified for our third cricket world cup:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

it would be worth the ticket price alone just to see GY!BE play.
    very unlikely that they will play the picnic as their last european show on their summer tour is August 18.
    They will be touring Europe again in October, maybe they will visit Dublin then..............

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Think there'll be many relatively well-known bands announced between now and EP? Or have all the ''big'' bands been announced already? Not mad about the current line-up..

• Advertisement

Arcadia confirmed on their facebook that they havent been booked, awful shame think they are free that weekend and the weekend after. Other than glasto and boomtown they dont seem that busy this year.

Picnic organisers had avoided the headache whether to book them or not last year because they tried to make burning man insted (and failed). Now they couldnt be arsed to bring them back. Wonder what frill they will cut back from this year that they havent told us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Anyone up for making some predictions?

Im predicting Jagwar Ma, Bombay Bicycle Club and The Flaming Lips to be included in the announcement.

Really hoping Belle & Sebastian get announced but they have gigs on Aug 30th and September 1st already. Doubt they'll squeeze in EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭anBoMor

Bad to hope that Kormacs Big Band play? He's at Longitude in a few days and has played Body&Soul in the past, if not Electric Picnic too. Saw him play a dj set during the Cork jazz festival last October and it's a personal goal to see him with the brass too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

I'm 100% convinced that Cat Power is gonna play, perhaps King Krule?

anBoMor wrote: »
    Bad to hope that Kormacs Big Band play? He's at Longitude in a few days and has played Body&Soul in the past, if not Electric Picnic too. Saw him play a dj set during the Cork jazz festival last October and it's a personal goal to see him with the brass too!

saw him/them on the Friday on the main stage at EP last year and wow, afternoon sunshine and upbeat brass with funky beats...it was a brilliant way to kick off the festival.

• Advertisement

Doesnt look like he is with the band anywhere this summer, just dj sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Morrison J wrote: »
    Im predicting Jagwar Ma, Bombay Bicycle Club and The Flaming Lips to be included in the announcement.

Dunno, maybe, no chance.

Cat Power I'd put as an outside maybe.

Kormack in some form is a strong possibility.

That's just based on the band profiles and the slots that are available in the lineup. The headliners are down and Flaming Lips are a headliner for example. Haven't bothered checking their availability.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dabotchlad

Wish / Guess list for announcement on Monday...

Would take any 2-3 of these to round up the line-up...

- Villagers, Riptide Movement, Cast of Cheers, Kodaline, Little Bear
    - Frank Turner, Biffy Clyro, Courteeners, Stereophonics, Cat Power

Then in serious "wish list" territory, all available but not as likely...

- Foals, Rodriguez, Belle and Sebastian

Unfortunately, the list of unavailable bands (which have been mentioned as possibilities by some) is a pretty long one, all busy touring or recording...

- ALt-J, Death cab for cutie, Dinosaur Jr., Two Door CC, Local Natives, Neon Neon, The Naked and the famous, the XX, the National, Vampire weekend, Arcade Fire

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Pet shop boys. I'd nearly bet on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A.Gorilla

Would love to see the Japanese Popstars, dj Shadow, death in Vegas added. All Ep regulars so ya never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭anBoMor

As far as I know, Foals, Alt-J and Purity Ring are all playing in England around that time. Was devastated, when I missed out on Alt-J tickets in may I automatically assumed they'd play Electric Picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

anBoMor wrote: »
    As far as I know, Foals, Alt-J and Purity Ring are all playing in England around that time. Was devastated, when I missed out on Alt-J tickets in may I automatically assumed they'd play Electric Picnic.

Alt-J and Purity Ring are in America.
    Foals have nothing that weekend, playing Reading/Leeds the weekend before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Have a look at the Zurich Openair festival. Similar headliners and the same weekend as EP.

If any of the acts further down the list are added, it would be unreal. Gesaffelstein, Boys Noize, Erol...my word.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Has an announcement on Monday been confirmed or are we still guessing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

maximoose wrote: »
    Has an announcement on Monday been confirmed or are we still guessing?

Definite announcement on Monday.

• Advertisement

This is a great opportunity to see some electronic/DJ additions, there's so many great DJs out there they can fill up the Little Big Tent if they play their cards right :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I'd love to see a few more dance acts released, fatboy slim and disclosure is nice enough but a couple more dj's couldn't hurt.

Also wishing public enemy would play although I highly doubt they will

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Wouldn't say no to some Fcuk Buttons at EP. Playing a festival in UK that weekend, so It's possible.

nocoverart wrote: »
    Wouldn't say no to some Fcuk Buttons at EP. Playing a festival in UK that weekend, so It's possible.
    they're playing their own gig here a few weeks later, so I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 MickOLeary

Anyone else think the line up is pretty bad compared to previous years?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

they're playing their own gig here a few weeks later, so I doubt it.

Yeah, and with Haxan Cloak supporting. Definitely going to that.

MickOLeary wrote: »
    not really, loads of quality names, especially seeing as we haven't even got half the acts yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

This is a great opportunity to see some electronic/DJ additions, there's so many great DJs out there they can fill up the Little Big Tent if they play their cards right :)

I hope they have them booked and wait til the tickets go up in price before they announce them tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Jamie Cal

Last year had the most aamzing lineup, like, ever. But this year is pretty mega too. A few more good acts and we're laughing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I probably agree with you, but that's just my personal taste.

I'm still going for everything that goes with the festival and just hoping a few more bands get added that are more to my taste.

Advertisement