Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing a BOI account and transfer money to NZ

Options
  • 09-09-2012 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello everyone,

I´ve been living in Ireland for 4 years and I´m moving to New Zealand on November. I have a bank account with Bank of Ireland and I´d like to cancel the account and transfer all my money to a kiwi bank account.

Obviously I dont have a kiwi bank account yet so I´d like to do this process once I get to NZ.

Does anyone know if BOI will allow me to cancel the account and transfer all my money once I arrive to NZ?

I had a few issues with BOI and to be honest I dont trust them much so it would be helpful to hear some tips or experiences from any of you.

Thanks!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭tony81

When I was returning to Ireland I simply bought a dollar bank draft payable to myself. Then lodged it to an Irish account I opened although it took a few weeks to clear (somewhere between 2 and 5 I think). You can leave some money in your Irish account and withdraw it using your bank card.

You'll need to write to the bank to close the account.

Advertisement