Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question About Rooms

Options
  • 09-09-2012 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi all!

I live at home so I haven't had a chance to explore campus for my lecture theaters, so I was hoping if I post what rooms I'm in and where I think they are, you could let me know if I've made any mistakes. Thanks in advance. :)

Also, if there are any pics of the individual blocks, if you could send me a link, I'd really appreciate it. :)

DG016 - Block D - ground level.
    FB028 - Basement of the foundation building.
    FG042 - Ground floor of the foundation building. (I actually know where to find this one. :D)
    C1063 - Block C (is this the glass slanted-building?)
    B1023 - Block B first floor??

And could anyone tell me where the following are:
    KBG12
    ERB001

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

KBG12 - Kemmy Business school, in the door turn right and its the first room on the left.

ERB001 - Engineering Research Building, presume basement (never in this building so not sure where exactly this room is in it)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭breedie

Layout of Blocks in the Main Building - the one with the 'glass slanted' area (AKA the ski-slope)
    There are 5 blocks (Blocks A, B ,C, D and E) in the Main Building.

An easy method of remembering the location of each block might be to regard Plassey House (The White House,which is located due north) as being in the "12 o'clock" position on the map. Following in a clockwise direction from Plassey House the first block is A, then B etc.
    Floor Levels
    3 - Top floor
    2- 2nd floor
    1 - lst floor
    M - Mezzanine
    0 - Ground level of Blocks A and B
    G - Ground level of Blocks C, D and E

If you get stuck click on 'search' on the UL homepage (top right) and search for 'room numbers'
    Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭breedie

DG016 is the Jean Monnet lecture hall. Go in through the ski-slope and it's behind the wall directly in front of you (go to the left and you'll see the door)

C1063 is at the end of the C corridor - Go in the same door (ski-slope), turn right and go up the stairs, turn right and go through the glass doors on your right to the stairwell. Up to Level 1, exit stairwell, go past the lift and take an immediate left, then right and through the doors, it's just there on your right.

You seem to have the hang of the others...............

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Brian Lighthouse

I saw a Neo code on the 1st seven weeks poster the other day. I didn`t check it out, but it looks like it will help you navigate the main building and campus.
    Which invariably everyone gets lost in within the 1st seven weeks. After that you`ll be grand.
    Everyone was lost there at some stage so simply ask someone. they`ll set you right.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I saw a Neo code on the 1st seven weeks poster the other day. I didn`t check it out, but it looks like it will help you navigate the main building and campus.
    Which invariably everyone gets lost in within the 1st seven weeks. After that you`ll be grand.
    Everyone was lost there at some stage so simply ask someone. they`ll set you right.

Don't mind the first seven weeks, I still get lost in that feckin' place. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Nic Neptune

Thanks for the help, everyone! Much appreciated! :D

Could anyone tell me where B1023 is? I think it's the Swift Theater? I've been there before, I think, but I just can't remember where it is.

Cheers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

Thanks for the help, everyone! Much appreciated! :D

Could anyone tell me where B1023 is? I think it's the Swift Theater? I've been there before, I think, but I just can't remember where it is.

Cheers. :)

Its in behind subway etc in red raisins

• Registered Users Posts: 18 lyrad

If you have an Android phone, check out the "UL First 7 Weeks" android app, it has an indoor maps feature that lets you explore what rooms are in each building. If you get lost in the main building, scan one of the QR codes in the main stairwells with the app and it will show you where you are on the map.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

So where is P1033? I'm guessing PE building but I've never seen that door code in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 lyrad

P=PESS Building, 1=First Floor, 033 = Room

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Think that's one of the new rooms

Advertisement