Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Elster A1140 Meter

Options
  • 09-09-2012 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi

I recently had the above meter intsalled by Electric Ireland as I have an import/export tarrif.

There are a number of screens on the LCD showing different data my question is what data do they actually show? i am assuming one can be used to read the meter one for export etc

I asked the guy installing but he could not explain.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Lordeagle,

We are still checking this out for you - haven't forgotten you! We will post a response asap.

Regards :)
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi again Lordeagle,

Does this meter have the designation RM550? If so, this is normally used for single phase whole current Microgen customers. Also, there is a small number of the A1140 meter variants which are installed in single phase CT installations with the designation RM651, and these meters will have the same display sequence but with decimals.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lordeagle

Hi again Lordeagle,

Does this meter have the designation RM550? If so, this is normally used for single phase whole current Microgen customers. Also, there is a small number of the A1140 meter variants which are installed in single phase CT installations with the designation RM651, and these meters will have the same display sequence but with decimals.

Regards,
    Una

Una
    Thanks I can confirm the designation is RM550.

Regrads

Lordeagle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi lordeagle
    lordeagle wrote:
    There are a number of screens on the LCD showing different data my question is what data do they actually show?

For RM550 meters, the display sequence is as follows:
    1. Default Display (Total Import kWh 24hr)
    2. Current Date (DD.MM.YY)
    3. Current Time (UTC)
    4. Total Import kWh (24hr/7day)
    5. Import Day kWh Rate 2 (08.00 - 23.00 7 day/week)
    6. Import Night kWh Rate 1 (23.00 - 08.00 7 day/week)
    7. Total Export kWh (24hr/7day)
    8. Export Weekday kWh Rate 5 (08.00 - 21.00 Mon to Fri)
    9. Export Night & W/E kWh Rate 5 (08.00 - 21.00 Mon to Fri & all W/E)
    Hope this helps. If you have any other questions we'll do our best to help.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement