Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you allow to return laptop from Sony Center?

Options
  • 09-09-2012 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I bought a laptop from Sony Center a week ago on sales,
    I rang in and ask if I can return it, because I am not happy with it. However, manager rang me back say they don't take laptop back unless is faulty? Anyone spill beans? give me some suggestions,plzz?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

"I'm not happy with it" isn't really a legitimate reason for returning the laptop, why are you not happy with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yep there's no change of mind clause. If it's working as it should, you haven't a leg to stand on.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

This post has been deleted.

I agree totally with what everyone is saying but one small caveat. If the retailer states that they will accept goods back then they are obliged to do so.

An example would be 28 day no quibble return policy*

*blah blah Terms and conditions.

If you abide by the terms and conditions then the retailer has to do what they've promised.

All thats said - not a chance the Sony Centre will have this sort of policy!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

I agree totally with what everyone is saying but one small caveat. If the retailer states that they will accept goods back then they are obliged to do so.

An example would be 28 day no quibble return policy*

*blah blah Terms and conditions.

If you abide by the terms and conditions then the retailer has to do what they've promised.

All thats said - not a chance the Sony Centre will have this sort of policy!
    Yes, but any retailer worth his salt usually has a clause stating that their refund policy does does not apply to sale items.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Yes, but any retailer worth his salt usually has a clause stating that their refund policy does does not apply to sale items.

They might say you have to stand on your head and recount every line from Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan. Then again it might not. It's the beauty of contracts - we're all generally quite free to contract for what we like. We have to stand by what we say we're going to do though or pay damages.

Sales are a load of rubbish in the main anyway, especially on electronic goods. Invented by marketing departments to sucker in suckers :D

Advertisement