Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics + Courses

• 09-09-2012 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi Guys. :)
    So I've currently just begun fifth year and I was hoping to get some advice from you guys!
    I'm currently doing the following subjects:
    Maths - Higher
    English - Higher
    Irish - Ordinary
    Accounting - Higher
    Geography - Higher
    French - Higher
    Physics - Higher
    LCVP
    And I was wondering if you guys would recommend taking up economics? :-)
    It's a subject that is appealing to me and Business was my favourite subject for JC.
    Also, does anyone know of any colleges that do a Computer Science & Business Degree? :)
    MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) is my preferred college of choice but I can't work their website.
    Thanks for the help guys. <3

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I hope you have plenty money if you are considering studying in the US.
    Here's their international admissions page, it seems quite easy to understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭AnnaTorvFan

spurious wrote: »
    I hope you have plenty money if you are considering studying in the US.
    Here's their international admissions page, it seems quite easy to understand.
    Thank You. <3
    I don't suppose you'd have a full list of courses? :P
    That's the part of the site that I can't understand :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭bobjimmy

If i were you id drop to ordinary french unless ur expecting a very high grade. If u think u can get at least a B1 i wouldnt even consider taking economics because it will only take away from your other subjects.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I presume these are their available courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭AnnaTorvFan

bobjimmy wrote: »
    If i were you id drop to ordinary french unless ur expecting a very high grade. If u think u can get at least a B1 i wouldnt even consider taking economics because it will only take away from your other subjects.
    Thanks bobjimmy for your advice! :)
    French is one of my best subjects and I think I could get atleast an A2 in it so I want to keep the HL for now.
    I think I could hopefully get an A in economics because it's something I really like which is half the battle.
    I'm also going to be doing evening study this year which is for 3 hours each day in our hall so I'd be giving the last hour completely over to economics.
    I'd also be teaching it to myself which is what I did for Geography last year and I found it much easier than being in class. :)
    spurious wrote: »
    I presume these are their available courses.

Thanks Spurious.
    By the looks of things I think I want to major in Computer Science and Engineering and minor in Economics.
    I'm not sure how the college system works but I hope i'd be able to. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭moosemann0001

MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) is my preferred college of choice but I can't work their website.
    Thanks for the help guys. <3
    Howare you planning on going to college over there? I was hoping to as well but I got really confused over the whole SATs and that stuff?

Advertisement