Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athlone- Animal Rescue

Options
  • 09-09-2012 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Just wondering if there is any Animal rescues in athlone, and what area are they in im living in the retreat area and would like to volinteer ?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

http://www.athlone.ie/business-directory/athlone-s.p.c.a

Athlone SPCA - they're based out the country between Tubberclair and Tang.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

whyulittle wrote: »
    http://www.athlone.ie/business-directory/athlone-s.p.c.a

Athlone SPCA - they're based out the country between Tubberclair and Tang.
    That place is no longer opened. Council closed it. It was run privately but is no longer open afaik. I was looking to drop off a stray dog there about 6months ago and when I rang I was informed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Fair enough, didn't know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

athlonelad wrote: »
    That place is no longer opened. Council closed it. It was run privately but is no longer open afaik. I was looking to drop off a stray dog there about 6months ago and when I rang I was informed.

Is that certain? I often see the car around (with the business name on it). I guess maybe they just haven't retired the banner.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

i still see the jeep parked outside regularly but am not sure whether it is operational or not. i remember a friend of mine tried to volunteer there well over a year ago but was turned away as she was told all the dogs had mange at the time. rang alarm bells for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

i still see the jeep parked outside regularly but am not sure whether it is operational or not. i remember a friend of mine tried to volunteer there well over a year ago but was turned away as she was told all the dogs had mange at the time. rang alarm bells for me.
    090 6485910 there's the number I rang before. I Have seen the green/blue jeep in town but don't know if they still open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

athlonelad wrote: »
    090 6485910 there's the number I rang before. I Have seen the green/blue jeep in town but don't know if they still open.
    He was closed down.....the place was a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Gorteen

He was closed down.....the place was a disgrace.

I agree....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

So I guess the Mullingar dog shelter and ISPCA in Keenagh are the nearest rescue centres then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Moate dog rescue, they're on Facebook

• Advertisement
Advertisement