Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free photoshoot anyone?

• 09-09-2012 6:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, I posted on here a while back offering free photoshoots to musicians and had a great response. Im just opening this back up for a short time to do a few more free photoshoots.

In a nutshell Ive invested in a few new fancy lights, backdrops etc and want a good excuse to try them out. Im not comfortable using paying clients as guinea pigs for new equipment but if anybody would like some completely free headshots, promoto shots, band shots, anything at all let me know. You'll be free to use them for anything at all so long as you agree I can potentially use them in my own portfolio too. I'll provide a selection of colour and b+w shots in both high res and lower (web friendly) resolution.

Just one thing in relation to this time. Some of the new equipment I have is quite time consuming to setup and put together, so to make this as efficient as possible I will be hoping to arrange all shoots for one particular day and allocate everybody a time slot. There was a bit of confusion last time with shoots needing to be rearranged and unfortunately I wont be able to accododate for that this time around.

Ok sure drop me a pm on here if anybodys interested. It will hopefully be going ahead (depending on interest) in Dublin city centre either next weekend or the weekend after.

For the record Im opening this up to anybody and everybody, doesnt have to be just bands or musicians. If you know of anybody interested just drop me a message on here.

Thanks,

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

Just to add, this looks to be going ahead on Saturday 22nd September. If you want a free professional band, group, portrait shot and are available in Dublin city centre that day just let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4 Yellowbridge

Hey Dave,

Really interested in this! I am currently in the duo 'Yellowridge' and we are releasing in Oct and im touring in Nov so would love some promo shots, as Kyle is unable to do the tour so it will be a solo thing, so need some single shots on my own! You can mail me at yellowbridgemusic@gmail.com to chat more if your available.

Cheers

Ciara

http://www.facebook.com/YellowbridgeMusic?ref=hl

Email sent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭united62

Hi Dave we are a three piece band from dublin we would be really up for the shoot give me a shout byrnejohn@live.ie cheers John

Email sent.

• Advertisement

Just to say the day is practically booked out now. I can fit 1 more shoot in at 11am and then thats it for the day. Im offering this on a few other forums too so it'll be first come first served.

Cheers,

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 13 THE GALLOPING MAJOR

Hi Dave thanks for the great photo shoot saturday cant wait to see the photos,best of luck from GALLOPING MAJORS

Cheers guys, was no problem at all. Initial edits are looking great so Ill have them all ready within a few days.

Hi folks, just to confirm the free photoshoots were only for Saturday 22nd September, and are no longer available.

Ill have my new website up and running in October, and be available for bookings from then onwards.

Thanks,

Dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭united62

Hi dave we do the shoot 2 weeks ago any sign of photos we want to get them on our pages cheers john

• Advertisement

united62 wrote: »
    Hi dave we do the shoot 2 weeks ago any sign of photos we want to get them on our pages cheers john

Hi john, they should be ready shortly. I had 1600 photos from 8 separate shoots that day to work through, as well as working a 9 - 5, trying to finish my website and other photo shoots from paying clients in the meantime. Apologies for the delay, I had hoped to get them finished sooner but it's going to be a few more days at least. I'll drop you a mail once they're ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 THE GALLOPING MAJOR

No problem dave thanks

Advertisement