Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crap with a shotgun

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

Two things.
    I think some tuition would be a good idea so if anyone can recommend somewhere...

BUT... how much good will lessons do if my gun barrel is misaligned?? I'm really beginning to think a new shotty is in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

Not shooting lessons.

"I'm really beginning to think a new shotty is in order."

A good coach -or a stock fitter- will be able to determine if you require a left or right hand stock, what your stock measurement's should be, cast on or off, LOP DAH, DAC etc. some have adjustable stock guns to shoot (try-guns ).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Take DB advice, get yourself to some one who knows what there about, weather it be a coach or fitter before you think of a new shotgun. Your stance, grip, cheek weld etc will have an impact on shot placement. So if your technique is not right even a fitted gun won't shoot good.
    A good stock fitter will determine cast, comb hieght, length of pull of your stock. All due respect to RFD's but there's a lot of sh*t sold to those who are not in the know. Even if you ask about fit most would not be able to steer you right.
    My last tupence is that I seen the good shots in the club try out others guns and still be able to do better than the rest of use. Check out the human factor first as this is a cheeper and more reliable fix.

Advertisement