Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Total newbie so danger of stupid q's ahead! :-)

Options
  • 09-09-2012 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I like the idea of a logo for a website but in one guise the logo can be animated and talk, chastise etc.:)

I like the devil they have on quotedevil.ie:

Now there are more animations on the website minus the song.

What I was wondering was how much work would be involved in something like this and what kind of animation is this - does it have a name?

In asking about a style of animation it looks different to what you'd see in a family guy to me at any rate.

Thanks!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Looks to have been made in adobe flash

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Is that an easy thing to do for someone with some level of skill - how much of the work is done by the software etc?

Very different to hand drawn sketches if this is how some work is done etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Some thing like that is easy enough to do and the software does none of the work :confused:

Thanks Lone.

I know the software does not actually do it but what I meant was the correct software makes the process easier etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Well not really it depends on whether the person doing it knows how to use the software, or you might end up with some thing awfull like in that video you linked :P

But that looks like a flash type of animation, looks like it was done in an hour or two. Thats not really a good idea for a logo tbh also that things way to long and kinda cheap looking, and a logo should be eye catching and not distracting so sound on a logo can be really hit or miss.

• Advertisement

LOL!

Point taken Lone - that devil is somewhat generic iirc? Seen a resemblance to other devils from a software program - not sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Also bear in mind how your logo looks in print as well as animated. Something that looks good animated on a dark background might not looks so good printed on a business card for instance.

A lot of times you come across company logos that have been designed for one application without thought of how they'll look elsewhere.

Just a thought.

Advertisement