Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Monday

Options
  • 09-09-2012 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Is there anything happening tomorrow for black monday?? Whats the rules for drinking around campus??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

Can't imagine much happening to be honest. There's no drinking outside of designated areas, and with the bar closed that doesnt leave much.
    I don't see "cans on the pitch" working, security will stamp anything like that out fairly quickly.

Think the focus will be on town, coppers ect.

It's a shame the bar is closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JS0692

That's an awful balls. It's a shame the student union didn't find something for us.. even a field for knacker drinking like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

It's a shame alright. Don't know what the SU could do though, apart from not letting the bar get to the stage where it needed to be closed.

Any attempt at organising cans somewhere will be immediately closed down by security I would imagine.

Security were over at the orientation tent this week, threatening to close it down, if the music wasn't turned down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I'd say a lot of people will predrink off campus, then head into town. Non-residents can't get into res from 10am tomorrow. And I thought it was bad last year when the restrictions began at 5pm :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Ilyana wrote: »
    I'd say a lot of people will predrink off campus, then head into town. Non-residents can't get into res from 10am tomorrow. And I thought it was bad last year when the restrictions began at 5pm :rolleyes:

So does that mean Centra will be closed for the day?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

RMD wrote: »

So does that mean Centra will be closed for the day?

I'd imagine that only Glenomena and Merville residents will be able to get into Centra after 10am. I doubt it'll be closed, they'll have plenty of wine to be selling!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭III

I'd imagine that only Glenomena and Merville residents will be able to get into Centra after 10am. I doubt it'll be closed, they'll have plenty of wine to be selling!

The finest dutch golden wine

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kkumk

Pour your drink into coffee cups...... predrink in lectures, at the lake, on the grass... problem solved :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 OmegaRed10

So how are things going out there today??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 Buster Keaton

I'm in Trinity but I'm heading out UCD way for a few later. Fucking shit day for it but sure I'm in college now so I might as well drink like it. I'll be starting fights later so stay out of my way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,484 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I'm in Trinity but I'm heading out UCD way for a few later. Fucking shit day for it but sure I'm in college now so I might as well drink like it. I'll be starting fights later so stay out of my way.

Enjoy. Bit of a ****buzz on campus, seems a lot of people have gone off campus for the night.

Advertisement