Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Slow

• 09-09-2012 7:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭

Hey I have two questions today about upc:
    1) I remember being upgraded from 20 to 25mb as I have been a loyal customer for a few years now, and have heard about a lot of people being upgraded 25 - 30 and 100-120 recently? I dont think I have and havent been contacted about it. Any ideas why I didnt get upgraded?

2) I remember getting around 21mb/ps download on speedtest.net when I got upgraded and now I usually get about 13 with only 1 pc connected? Why?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Speedtest.net isn't that reliable anymore imo.

From my own experience, firewall software and your browser's ability to deal with flash can also be mitigating factors with speedtest. For some reason opera delivers terrible results for me, unlike firefox.

You should really just contact UPC to find out about your upgrade situation. I was upgraded to 25 meg in June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

multimate wrote: »
    Hey I have two questions today about upc:
    1) I remember being upgraded from 20 to 25mb as I have been a loyal customer for a few years now, and have heard about a lot of people being upgraded 25 - 30 and 100-120 recently? I dont think I have and havent been contacted about it. Any ideas why I didnt get upgraded?

2) I remember getting around 21mb/ps download on speedtest.net when I got upgraded and now I usually get about 13 with only 1 pc connected? Why?
    Thanks

The only reliable test is the test from you to UPC
    http://www.upc.ie/broadband/speedtest/

every test on the net can be influenced by too many other factors to be considered reliable

Advertisement