Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corkagh Park Fisheries (Coarse)

Options
  • 09-09-2012 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Anyone fished this location and can advise on species and bait.

I guess it is mostly carp that folks go after, fair enough. but any tench on the go there? Baits?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Any tench I seen caught was with poles and maggot in heavy baited swims tho they can be caught on Sunny days in the reeds with single maggot free lined with very small float
    I tried it years ago an lost it
    Havint fished in years there needs the weed cleaned out of it very heavy
    I know as I walk the dog there

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭oldat31

I heard they have feeders in the swims so as to make it harder to catch... Anyone else hear this?

oldat31 wrote: »
    I heard they have feeders in the swims so as to make it harder to catch... Anyone else hear this?
    Nope they do feed the trout tho with pellets
    Dunno bout the carp lake it's a crap Lake anyway but not really there fault
    That lake is badly poached

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11

I was there on Saturday for the first time. The lake is full of weeds at the moment and very hard to fish.

After 8 hours fishing I came out with one small Roach.

The carp were having none of it, plenty around but didnt seem hungry!

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

I've fished for carp a few times there but have never had any luck, mostly i surfave fish with either floating bread or with artificials on the fly rod and they are very finiky to catch. Best time seems to be falling light when the ducks sod off and stop competing for the bread!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

Thanks for all the replies, peeps. I'll pass on this one I think for now and take the old coarse rods elsewhere.

Tight Lines!

Mate of mine told me this place has no manager in charge and basically all the fish are being taken by whoever wants them

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kwik

uvox wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies, peeps. I'll pass on this one I think for now and take the old coarse rods elsewhere.

Tight Lines!
    The place out in maynooth is much better and bigger. And less people walking around. Always very hard to fish corkagh park because the fish are always startled because if the amount of people walking around the lake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

I pass here quite a bit when walking the dogs. The shop has not been open for the last week. None of the regulars are around. The only ones fishing it are young lads spinning on the fly lake and taking the fish with them.
    I can not see this place lasting beyond christmas.

Advertisement