Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spice stores Dublin

Options
  • 09-09-2012 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm heading to Dublin soon and just wondering about the spice shop around the Jervis st centre?

I think it is called the Oriental spice shop, am I right?

Can anyone give an idea of it's location (street it's on etc)?

Would appreciate any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

the one you refer to is beside the luas stop on abbey street you cant miss it, its good for chinese and thai. there is a shop close by on mary steet which is great for indian and middle eastern ingredients.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

the one you refer to is beside the luas stop on abbey street you cant miss it, its good for chinese and thai. there is a shop close by on mary steet which is great for indian and middle eastern ingredients.
    Do you by any chance know of the names of each store?

Are there any other stores you can recommend? I remember hearing about one around the St George Arcade/Street area, do you know that one?

I dont know what they are called, not sure they even have have names but you will get everything you need there :)

the oriental emporium is near georges arcade on georges street. at the other end of the arcade, on drury street i think, you will find asia market.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Toast4532 wrote: »
    I remember hearing about one around the St George Arcade/Street area, do you know that one?
    That'd be the Asia Market on Drury Street. It's got a small white front with just the name of it over the top. It looks tiny but the store is set behind other shops - you'll only see the true size when you get in.

It's got a great selection of spices and available in small to large sizes. Can be a lot cheaper than the high street stores, not to mention the range offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

It's also called the Oriental Emporium.

• Advertisement

It's also called the Oriental Emporium.

yes one on georges st. and one on abbey street same owners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

Just go to Moore St.

There are lots including one very large one. I find the Indian/South Asian shops to be better for spices then the Oriental shops really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Should have read this yesterday ;)

Every second Sunday of a month, there is the Fusion Market with international stalls, in the Co Op Market on Newmarket Square. I'm sure, they do spices as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Thanks everyone, unfortunately I couldn't find any spice shop on Abbey St, either upper or lower. I didn't get to check this thread yesterday as I had no internet access so only got to see the new replies today.

Advertisement