Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Schedule!

Options
  • 09-09-2012 8:40pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So... first up davetherave (formerly Browns) and now Pats, looking forward to playing Dave again and hopefully not having any connection issues.

Then my first competitive game against Paully, we've had a lot of friendlies which Paully has mostly won, but the game face will be on so I'm hoping for something more positive.

My games against Adrian generally came down to 1 score with me on the winning end, the Lions are goingto be tough no doubt about it.

Nerd and the Texans are up next, I think this will be my toughest challenge in the AFC South but with 2 new GMs who can be sure?

Next up the new GM with the Vikes an unknown quantity.

Steelers (CPU) were a bogey team for me as the CPU hopefully I can overcome them and then another new coach in charge of the Bills.

Colts with a new GM and then a game against Paddy, think we've played before with maybe 1 win a piece.

A new GM with the Dolphins and then a bye week for the Titans

Next up is mikey (are you the UTD sig dude?) and the Jags, MJD is the threat here and he alone could really propel the Jags into contention.

Battle of the Mods with Daves (will need to get used to that) Jets.

Then cheeser battle with the Pack machine and nelbert who i've not played.

Really looking forward to this season with so many new guys and... I'm still slotting berty in a 16-0!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Just realised my first game is against berty :( maybe he'll be all nervous for the start of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

So... first up davetherave (formerly Browns) and now Pats, looking forward to playing Dave again and hopefully not having any connection issues.

Then my first competitive game against Paully, we've had a lot of friendlies which Paully has mostly won, but the game face will be on so I'm hoping for something more positive.

My games against Adrian generally came down to 1 score with me on the winning end, the Lions are goingto be tough no doubt about it.

Nerd and the Texans are up next, I think this will be my toughest challenge in the AFC South but with 2 new GMs who can be sure?

Next up the new GM with the Vikes an unknown quantity.

Steelers (CPU) were a bogey team for me as the CPU hopefully I can overcome them and then another new coach in charge of the Bills.

Colts with a new GM and then a game against Paddy, think we've played before with maybe 1 win a piece.

A new GM with the Dolphins and then a bye week for the Titans

Next up is mikey (are you the UTD sig dude?) and the Jags, MJD is the threat here and he alone could really propel the Jags into contention.

Battle of the Mods with Daves (will need to get used to that) Jets.

Then cheeser battle with the Pack machine and nelbert who i've not played.

Really looking forward to this season with so many new guys and... I'm still slotting berty in a 16-0!!

Yes I am. Almost certain I played you in the fantasy league at some stage last year, I was the Raiders, had to quit the league when my disc broke. What's your GT?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Yes I am. Almost certain I played you in the fantasy league at some stage last year, I was the Raiders, had to quit the league when my disc broke. What's your GT?

gt is kaiche

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Think it might be a little different this year. I had a fantastic fantasy franchise team last few maddens. Different playing with the real teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Raiders - ibmax
    Titans - Heli
    Falcons - Luke
    Chiefs - Berty
    Saints - Raoul
    Broncos - Perrin
    Bye
    Browns - Mike
    Chiefs - Berty
    Buccs - Gufc
    Broncos - Perrin
    Ravens - Pudsy
    Bengals - Neko
    Steelers - ET
    Panthers - Matthew
    Jets - Dave
    Raiders - ibmax

Seriously tough schedule that.

ibmax and Berty's record speaks for itself. I've played quite a few friendlies with Perrin which have been very close and he beat me last night when I was the Chargers. Not a good start having these 3 lads in the same division! I don't think I've ever played Luke so no idea how that will go. I've never played Heli, Luke, Raoul, Mike, Matthew, Gufc or Pudsy competitively so it's impossible to call those games. I was in ET's division in Madden 12 and we had some great games, played Dave in Madden 12 and won but his record would suggest that was an off day for him and Ngata was unstoppable, and I've played Neko in the Boards Premier League last year I think and won a close one.

Overall, I'll struggle in my division and have no real idea how the out of division games will go as their either too close to call or I haven't played the person before.

If I had to make a prediction I'd go for 8-8, but the aim will be a winning record.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Bills x2
    Steelers
    Miami x2
    49ers
    Texans
    Colts
    Patriots x2
    Seahawks
    Rams
    Cardinals
    Jacksonville
    Titans
    Chargers

I absolutely love the Jets in this game. Im looking for a first ever AFC East divisional title in my BFL career. One things for sure divisional games will be the key to top the East. Looking forward to the Moderator Bowl. The Steelers game in week 2 against etloveslsd will be very difficult. I cant wait to start to be honest ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

1 New York
    2 Seattle*
    3 Tampa Bay*
    4 Chicago*
    5 BYE
    6 Baltimore
    7 Carolina
    8 New York
    9 Atlanta
    10 Philadelphia
    11 Cleveland
    12 Washington
    13 Philadelphia
    14 Cincinnati
    15 Pittsburgh
    16 New Orleans*
    17 Washington

*New opponent for me

Have somehow only played Santry once since we started, in BFL Cup and was a tight loss (I was the almighty Pats though).
    Never played Raoul, will be interesting. Three new opponents in the first 4 weeks, no idea what to expect.
    Division matchups are backloaded into the schedule, so hopefully will have been able to XP Tony Romo in a clutch QB by then!

Psyched to start the season

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Colts

On paper my schedule isn't bad but then again I'm playing with the first Colts team that's ever completely sucked on Madden, and also I've very little idea on who the players to look out for are...think if I could make a few decent FA signings and trades I could maybe get to .500

@ Chicago (Linebacker52)
    v Minnesota (Howarewe)
    v Jacksonville (MikeyT086)
    BYE
    v Packers (Nelbert)
    @ NYJ (danger_dave1)
    v Cleveland (mikemac)
    @ Tennessee (Helimachopter)
    v Miami (heartofthecity)
    @ Jacksonville (MikeyT086)
    @ New England (davetherave)
    v Buffalo (Brianon)
    @ Detroit (Adrian522)
    v Tennessee (Helimachopter)
    @ Houston (nerd69)
    @ Kansas City (Berty44)
    v Houston (nerd69)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Seahawks
    Patriots
    Eagles
    Dolphins
    Rams
    Bills
    Vikings
    49ers
    Packers
    Falcons
    Rams
    Jets
    Seahawks
    Lions
    Bears
    49ers

Fairly happy with mine really!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

New England:

@Titans - Helimachopter, a familiar face to get me started. Should be a tightly contested match.
    Cardinals - Padraic.M, haven't played him before
    @Ravens - Pudsy33, got a W against him and the Texans of M12. Top D# but receiving corps is a little thin.
    @Bills - Brianon, Divisional Matchup. New face to the franchise.
    Broncos - PerrinV2. New face to the franchise.
    @Seahawks - Eli Manning - Marshawn "Put the team on my back" Lynch is the only thing I have to worry about here.
    Jets - dangerDave_1, Listen buddy, there is only room for one Dave around here! Luckily for you I happily answer to David :o
    @Rams - PacFish, over from another site. Much the same as the Seahawks, only threat will be Jackson running the ball.
    BYE -
    Bills
    Colts - Colts. Playing the colts, against a guy called colts. Maddenception.
    @Jets
    @Dolphins
    Texans
    49ers - Madalig, I think this was a rare win for me as the browns last year. Lets be having some more.
    @Jaguars - MikeyT
    Dolphins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭PacFish

@Rams - PacFish, over from another site. Much the same as the Seahawks, only threat will be Jackson running the ball.

Might be in for a surprise :D

Lions (Adrian522) - Easy win to kick things off
    Redskins (BenSFC) - Favourite opponent. Looking to make it 5 in a row (It'll be 4 or 5) against a former Pro Franchise divisional foe.
    Bears (Linebacker52) - New opponent, will probably touch himself whenever using Urlacher.
    Seahawks (Eli Manning) - New opponent, hopefully be distracted by his real life loss to the Cowboys
    Cardinals (PADRAIC.M) - New opponent, hopefully as useless as Kolb
    Dolphins (Heartofthecity) - Fellow newcomer like myself. 2 of the worst teams on the game slog it out.
    Packers (Nelbert) - New opponent
    Patriots (davetherave) - New opponent
    BYE
    49ers (madalig12) - New opponent. Unfortunately I have to automatically hate you for having an association to the 9ers, it's incredibly personal :pac:
    Jets (danger_dave1) - Didn't realise I had 2 byes this season ;)
    Cardinals
    49ers
    Bills (Brianon) - New opponent
    Vikings (Howarewe) - New opponent, hopefully I'll be ok
    Buccaneers (gufc21) New opponent
    Seahawks

No idea how I'll get on :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

PacFish wrote: »
    Jets (danger_dave1) - Didn't realise I had 2 byes this season ;)

I look forward to killing Sam Bradford..

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭PacFish

I look forward to killing Sam Bradford..

Fine by me, he's bloody awful this Madden!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

The schedules here are going according to real life fixtures are they

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Yup

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

WK OPPONENT
    1 Steelers (etloveslsd)
    2 @ Falcons (LukeBray)
    3 Texans (nerd69)
    4 Raiders (lbmax)
    5 @ Patriots (davetherave)
    6 @ Chargers (Paully D)
    7 BYE
    8 Saints (Raoul)
    9 @ Bengals(NekoChan)
    10 @ Panthers (Matthew8)
    11 Chargers (Paully D)
    12 @ Chiefs (Berty)
    13 Buccaneers (gufc21)
    14 @ Raiders (lbmax)
    15 @ Ravens (Pudsy33)
    16 Browns (mikemac)
    17 Chiefs(Berty)

Its gonna be a rough season..

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

I think I have one of if not the toughest schedules in the league. Typical Steelers

@ Broncos
    Jets
    @ Oakland
    Eagles
    @ Titans
    @ Bengals
    Washington
    @ Giants
    KC
    Ravens
    @ Browns
    @ Ravens
    San Diego
    @ Cowboys
    Bengals
    Browns

So I play the top 3 players from last year in Berty, Ibmax and Santry. I also have DangerDave, Paully, BBR, Empacher, Heli and Notylac, all play off players before.

My division is tough too, at least they are players I know, Pudsy is the only one I haven't played, so I shouldn't have a nasty shock from an unknown player.

The division games are gonna be extra important because there is a lot of nasty games outside the division.

Advertisement