Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for an EXCELLENT (RUNNING) Physio...after seeing three and still no joy!!

Options
  • 09-09-2012 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

To say that I am totally fed-up is a gross understatement. I suffered a deep groinal injury at the end of Februrary this year. I was averaging 80 miles a week. I initially attended a physio for 13 sessions @ a cost of €650. While she managed to rid me of the acute pain, she couldn't dispel the deep dull pain that I continue to suffer. While I had suggested an MRI towards the latter end of my treatment I was disuaded from doing so. Having lost confidence I eventually left and sought the MRI myself. Because I had the MRI in Northbrook I decided to have it read/interpreted in the Dublin Sports Injury Clinic. I was eventually told that I had a swollen pubic bone. It was also suggested that if had kept going I could have fractured it. Prior to setting me on a series of three one hour exercise sessions each day, I was given an injection to bring down the swelling. From the middle of May I was driving up and down to the DSSC every second week @ a cost of €105 per trip. Each time I went up my progress was checked and I was given more exercises as required. Each time I went up I made it known that I was suffering pain down the inside of my thigh. But nothing was being done about it. I was getting frustrated and made my frustration known. While on holidays I continued with the exercises eventually putting my lower back out. While I haven't officially given up on the DSSC, the cost of attending and the fact that it entails taking a whole day off work has forced me to stop temporarily. Meanwhile I was advised to attend a local physio who has a good name amongst the local running community. I have been attending him over the last three weeks but feel at this stage that I am simply not progressing and I don't want to continue pouring good money in after bad. I have been doing that over the past SEVEN MONTHS. Enough is enough. Can someone please please please help!! You can't believe how important this is to me. Thanks in advance..

Comments

Advertisement