Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Human resource degree careers?

Options
  • 09-09-2012 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

im studying business studies in college. what job can i hope to apply for when im finished if i choose the hr path?? i mean before i got the experience to become a human resource manager what would i hope for?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

I know people who have made a career in HR from the shop floor up. I think there are specific qualifications you can do - obviously quite bit of Law will creep in. If you have the option to do electives in your course then I would suggest you do the Law and management type ones. If you have a law faculty in your college/uni maybe sit in on the employment law lectures.

You do realise though that the biggest hurdle in working in HR is the fact that you have to remove your soul though right? :D

From what I know of the career path it starts off with lots of admin and then you end up doing various interviews (hiring, firing) until you are overseeing people doing that and have more of a consultation point of view. Much of your job will be making sure department managers don't get the company sued!

Advertisement