Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Vetting for Teaching Council having lived in DUbai for 9 months....

• 09-09-2012 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi everyone,

Sorry if I'm asking a reperated question, but I've lived in Dubai for 9 months as a teacher. I left my contract and did not get a Police Clearance Certificate.

I havre applied for Garda Vetting through the Teaching Council, but am wondering if they will ask for clearance from Dubai, thereby holding up the whole process until I get one.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? On the vetting website it says you must provide it if you lived anywhere else for 3 years or over, but nothing about anything else.

Really worried I wont get a number for MONTHS, and therefore cannot sub....please someone help me :(
    Thanks
    F.A.S.H

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

F.A.S.H wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Sorry if I'm asking a reperated question, but I've lived in Dubai for 9 months as a teacher. I left my contract and did not get a Police Clearance Certificate.

I havre applied for Garda Vetting through the Teaching Council, but am wondering if they will ask for clearance from Dubai, thereby holding up the whole process until I get one.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? On the vetting website it says you must provide it if you lived anywhere else for 3 years or over, but nothing about anything else.

Really worried I wont get a number for MONTHS, and therefore cannot sub....please someone help me :(
    Thanks
    F.A.S.H

Once you have applied for Garda vetting you will get paid, with the clause being that if anything wrong is uncovered any contract with the school is null and void.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 F.A.S.H

Rebelheart wrote: »
    Once you have applied for Garda vetting you will get paid, with the clause being that if anything wrong is uncovered any contract with the school is null and void.

Ok, thats great, but can I still get a temporary number so that I can get a job, and how long does that take if so.

Thanks for your reply though, eases my worries, its had enough to get jobs without additional issues :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Rebelheart wrote: »

As a matter of interest, does anyone know are there figures on how many do not get cleared by the Gardai?
    Is this hugely time wasteful scheme catching bagloads of pervs all headed into teaching?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 F.A.S.H

spurious wrote: »
    As a matter of interest, does anyone know are there figures on how many do not get cleared by the Gardai?
    Is this hugely time wasteful scheme catching bagloads of pervs all headed into teaching?

Im sure most people wouldnt apply for a teaching job if they had a criminal record involving children/ young adults.

(But then when you look at Ian Huntley who had previous accusations in two separate locations and still slipped through the net in England to become school janitor, and then went on to murder 2 girls....it is there for a reason)

I think that there should be special conditions for people who require it for jobs esp teaching, so it can be approved faster. I mean I dont even know if any schools will take me on even for a days subbing because I dont have a teaching council registration number.

Most applications for teachers get approved ( I was told by a garda) It's ones for immigration or HSE job purposes that might not be approved due to prior criminal offences, not even relating to children, for example, drunk and disorderly, and drug offences.

Advertisement