Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ducati Croydon showroom attempted robbery

• 09-09-2012 11:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭

http://youtu.be/JtdN5L0x5B4

the link is to the video of the cctv of Ducati Croydon showroom.
    The wiff is friends with one of the members of staff.

On Tuesday 4th September 6 lads came into the Ducati Croydon showroom to try and steal 2 Ducati 1199 motorcycles.

all of the mopeds were stolen, but thankfully nothing was taken, and only a few bruises left on the members of staff.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 957 ✭✭✭leeomurchu

That's incredible fair play to the staff shame they didn't grab a hold of one of them he'd most likely have given up all their names.

Staff member should find a new ducati on his drive soon enough if the world was perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

They have the look of very young fella's, early 20's at eldest I'd say.

Presumably such a new bike would have Fuel Injection and all that jazz, can they be bump started? What were the twits planning to do when they got outside?

Also, given their age and that they showed up on scooters, the chances they could handle a bike of that size would be kinda low I think...

Not exactly criminal masterminds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I would have fcuked the scooter ontop of that scumbag,when the staff member sent him flying off it.so that either he got badly injured or got pinned under the scooter.

Bump starting a V-Twin isnt as easy as you would think.

Its takes alot of running and bumping to fire 2 larger heavier V-Twin pistons and conrods,compared to an inline 4 bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Croydon? No surprise there, the biggest sh*thole I ever had the misfortune of visiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

They have the look of very young fella's, early 20's at eldest I'd say.

Presumably such a new bike would have Fuel Injection and all that jazz, can they be bump started? What were the twits planning to do when they got outside?

Also, given their age and that they showed up on scooters, the chances they could handle a bike of that size would be kinda low I think...

Not exactly criminal masterminds.

Theres probably no petrol in the showroom bikes anyway. Hilarious when the guy on the scooter got pushes off the second time! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Christ - is nothing sacred ?

The muppet who got knocked off the scooter - twice - I wonder was it stolen, as the plate is clearly visible ?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭rameire

All of the mopeds were stolen.
    They were going to push the bikes along while on the mopeds I believe.
    They have more info on their facemuck page ( in moto)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

rameire wrote: »
    All of the mopeds were stolen.
    They were going to push the bikes along while on the mopeds I believe.
    They have more info on their facemuck page ( in moto)
    It's like a plot from Oceans 11. Genius plan.
    My only problem with the footage is that none of the scumbags got a proper hiding.

Cienciano wrote: »
    It's like a plot from Oceans 11. Genius plan.
    My only problem with the footage is that none of the scumbags got a proper hiding.

True - the staff lad who knocked off the dork on the scooter had a golden opportunity.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭SaoriseBiker

While commending the totally understandable reaction of the bike shop staff, it should be borne in mind that the scummers were carrying hammers and iron bars, one Irish man died while another is still in hospital trying to disarm a scumbag in Australia. These kind of mainly late teenage scumbags in the clip can be highly dangerous, and if one of them stirkes you and kills you he'll probably get off on manslaughter.

And another point to remember if you tackle them ( as understandable as it is). I used to have a taxi, in a conversation with a woman one day she told me how her brother and his mate had two relatively new bikes off the South Circuliar Road, Dublin. In the middle of the night some scummers tried to steal them but they were awoken in the house by their remote alarms for the bikes. Running down stairs roaring and shouting, the scummers ran away with the 2 lads chasing them for 40/50 meters. However the following night the scummers returned, doused the 2 bikes with petrol and set them ablaze running from the scene. No one was ever caught. Worth bearing in mind.

• Advertisement

galwaytt wrote: »
    True - the staff lad who knocked off the dork on the scooter had a golden opportunity.

No chance of me risking a tyre iron across the jaw for minimum wage + commission. :eek:

Doubt they'd have bump started it either without the keys there's no spark unless they're really quick at hot wiring it not to mention no gogo juice :D

....looking at it again, the lad who ran to help, in the shorts, and got pushed into the road at the 2min mark - he was rarin' to go, even with a wheel brace being waved about - his mate actually held him back.

Mental note: keep wheel brace hand myself. Or, in West of Ireland parlance, a good 32" hurley would do nicely............

Ode To The Motorist

While commending the totally understandable reaction of the bike shop staff, it should be borne in mind that the scummers were carrying hammers and iron bars, one Irish man died while another is still in hospital trying to disarm a scumbag in Australia. These kind of mainly late teenage scumbags in the clip can be highly dangerous, and if one of them stirkes you and kills you he'll probably get off on manslaughter.

And another point to remember if you tackle them ( as understandable as it is). I used to have a taxi, in a conversation with a woman one day she told me how her brother and his mate had two relatively new bikes off the South Circuliar Road, Dublin. In the middle of the night some scummers tried to steal them but they were awoken in the house by their remote alarms for the bikes. Running down stairs roaring and shouting, the scummers ran away with the 2 lads chasing them for 40/50 meters. However the following night the scummers returned, doused the 2 bikes with petrol and set them ablaze running from the scene. No one was ever caught. Worth bearing in mind.
    True, forgot about the weapons they were carrying.

Pushing the lad off the bike twice was great, it was really winding him up! Should have done it a few more times :D

galwaytt wrote: »
    ....looking at it again, the lad who ran to help, in the shorts, and got pushed into the road at the 2min mark - he was rarin' to go, even with a wheel brace being waved about - his mate actually held him back.

Mental note: keep wheel brace hand myself. Or, in West of Ireland parlance, a good 32" hurley would do nicely............

There'll be a load of Galway hurls up for sale in a few weeks time, "Almost All Ireland champs." haha :D

Only in good fun don't spit the dummy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

There is no way that I would sit by and let a crime happen.
    If we all did that, it would result in an unhappy society.

I would have to get involved somehow, even if it was only to phone the law.

P.C. wrote: »
    There is no way that I would sit by and let a crime happen.
    If we all did that, it would result in an unhappy society.

I would have to get involved somehow, even if it was only to phone the law.

By all means phone the law but you have to keep in mind one slap of a tyre iron in the wrong place your wife will be changing your nappy for the rest of your life and you'll be watching on as your kids play away not to mention it may also kill you.

Heroes are only for Hollywood and the ones you see on the news just got lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

:eek: jesus christ, the fookers!

I have to say though, if a crime directly impacts me (I'm not going to step in between a group of strangers hopping the heads off each other) I would get involved. I couldn't just let something happen and do nothing.

:eek: jesus christ, the fookers!

I have to say though, if a crime directly impacts me (I'm not going to step in between a group of strangers hopping the heads off each other) I would get involved. I couldn't just let something happen and do nothing.
    It depends. If a little scrawny knacker was trying to cut my lock and I managed to get to the bike before he noticed, he'd get my lid across the back of the head.
    Now, if it was 3 or 4 hardcore criminals loading it into a van, there's feck all you can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Cienciano wrote: »
    It depends. If a little scrawny knacker was trying to cut my lock and I managed to get to the bike before he noticed, he'd get my lid across the back of the head.
    Now, if it was 3 or 4 hardcore criminals loading it into a van, there's feck all you can do.

That's what the gardai are for. That's what I meant when I said I'd get involved, anything from someone getting the lid up through their chin to ringing the gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭thomashood10

Croydon

What a surprise..

Fair ****s to the staff member and the people that came to his aid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Fair play to the staff, especially the big guy in the white shirt. The first time he knocked the guy over was great, the second time was special.

KwsSt.jpg

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Fair play to the staff, especially the big guy in the white shirt. The first time he knocked the guy over was great, the second time was special.

KwsSt.jpg

+1

Haha brilliant and so true!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 barf

LV08FWC - reg check;)

VEHICLE REGISTRATION NUMBER: LV08FWC
    MAKE : HONDA
    MODEL: SH 300 A-7
    COLOUR: BLACK

Cops should get more of it:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭rameire

seems like they are all over the news, papers and tv and tinterweb.
    http://vimeo.com/49252972

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

why didn't the bikes in the showroom at least have steering locks on and possibly even disc-locks??
    the lad that got knocked down twice was getting a bit pissed off!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

serious3 wrote: »
    why didn't the bikes in the showroom at least have steering locks on and possibly even disc-locks??
    the lad that got knocked down twice was getting a bit pissed off!!

Possibly because when people go into the showroom to have a look they want to hop on and "feel" the bike. Though for most showrooms I've been in you're not allowed to touch the new stock, only the used.

Advertisement