Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAIT Analysis - anyone in Donegal do it?

Options
  • 10-09-2012 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 33,621 ✭✭✭✭

Got some leg pain issues, and would like to get a GAIT analysis done to see of I can get it sorted - anyone got one done locally?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

I'm confused, you said in this thread that you've already had it looked at? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,621 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I have had my problems 'looked at' many times over a few years but I have recurring problems that I am finding hard to shift.

I had it 'looked at' in BMC but there was no running involved, as I mentioned, so it ain't a GAIT Analysis. I did go ahead and buy insoles from them but the problem has not improved. TO be honest getting served by a youngster who is taking your through this process didn't fill me with confidence but when you are in pain you will try anything. The insoles were moulded based on your standing position, but ignoring how you land when you run is a fundamental problem with the whole thing imho
    http://www.intersport-letterkenny.ie/category/footbalance/431/0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0/1
    At the time I typed that post, I think I may have been under the impression that what BMCSports were doing was GAIT analysis, when it clearly isn't.

As for the other crowd I mention, in Derry, I think they do a GAIT analysis, but again am not 100% sure. I did get several set of insoles made by them, but I am still suffering from leg problems, hence the reason for asking if anyone has got a GAIT Analysis (ie running on a treadmill, getting video capture done to examine pronation etc) done locally so that I might pursue it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Technique

The Foot Clinic in Carlisle Road in Derry will do gait analysis by a professional chiropodist.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭tenreds

I got mine done a few months back in Elverys in Letterkenny,ran on a treadmill for a about minute and they recorded it,then a young guy went though it with me and then recommend some runners for me.It seemed to have worked so far as problems with knees have eased off and no real pain now,it is free but if pay for it somewhere else you might get a better one done.Hope this helps

Advertisement