Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online banking security: chiptan generator required

Options
  • 10-09-2012 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi,

I am from Germany and my Bank uses chiptan for security. Do you know where I could buy a TAN generator in ireland/cork or online?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

rmoritz wrote: »
    Hi,

I am from Germany and my Bank uses chiptan for security. Do you know where I could buy a TAN generator in ireland/cork or online?

Thank you in advance.

Yeh call your bank.....assuming this isnt a scam of course...no where else to get one

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Sbryf

Thanks. Well, in Germany we have mTan, chipTan or Bestsign to get TANs for bank transactions. And my mTan is not working with my new irish mobile number. Okay, then I order the hardware in Germany.

How does it work in Ireland? Do you have Online Banking? How you authorize transfers - with a TANs list?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

all the banks here use different systems unfortunately,, from code cards to code generators to ATM card initiated code generators...nothing generic unfortunately and all tied to their individual accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

I have a German account, too and bought a TAN generator online from Germany. It's made by Kobil and was less than 20€ including delivery. Works perfectly!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

rmoritz wrote: »
    Hi,

Thank you in advance.

https://www.sparkassen-shop.de/home/shop/tan-generatoren,375/tan-optimus-comfort-schwarz---matt,4519/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Sbryf

Thank you very much!

Advertisement