Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancy dress (male) ideas?

Options
  • 10-09-2012 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Ok, so I'm a guy, 21 years old and am going to a party themed "Famous People/Characters".

I'm looking for simple suggestions to costumes that would be easy to put together with little or no spending, as I don't have a lot of cash at the moment.

I own a nice charcoal suit that I was hoping I could base it around, I've a black bowler hat, many various shirts, a pair of slick brown shoes and various other pieces.

I can't think of anyone off the top of my head that I could go as, so suggestion would be much appreciated. Obviously, they don't have to incorporate what I already own, but it would be nice if they weren't overly expensive pieces that I would need to purchase.

Anyways, thanks a million in advance!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭Milly33

if you knew anyone handy with a needle and thread you could get some white material and stitch it loosely (thats if you dont want to damage the suit) and go as Beetljuice..All you need then is the shirt and tie which you probably have, wig which youd get cheap and facepaint

beetlejuice.jpg&w=504&h=600&ei=BZRQUJXqN4-JhQfA3YHwDg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=231&vpy=132&dur=344&hovh=245&hovw=206&tx=126&ty=120&sig=115568206046240522335&page=2&tbnh=136&tbnw=114&start=9&ndsp=23&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:9,i:173

Or you could try the priest for the exorcist. Buggsie malone. Michael jackson if you just wore the pants and got braces...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I had a brainstorm tonight that I was going to go dressed as Chazz Michael Michaels from Blades of Glory. I know it's still over a month away from Halloween but I always plan my costumes in advance.

But, the website I was on was out of stock, so I had to make-do with another Will Ferrell character, Buddy the Elf, instead.

Probably doesn't really answer your question, but I just love Halloween and needed to contribute!

noooo you cant go as buddy the elf for halloween just all wrong so so wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

Borat, is a very funny and easy one with a suit.. Hitler is an easy one if you cut a fake mustache. Or a black shirt with some paper in the collar for a priest

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Awesome-O

Borat, is a very funny and easy one with a suit.. Hitler is an easy one if you cut a fake mustache. Or a black shirt with some paper in the collar for a priest

Borat is exactly what came to my mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Dwight_Schrute&h=330&w=220&sz=16&tbnid=B-mEMvxI_w-BnM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=60&zoom=1&usg=__LlRUOGAWDVlGshMJTV5lfwy21pM=&docid=-mqxyEgAcy5xjM&sa=X&ei=mlxcUPLMNarS0QWP7YHYBw&ved=0CEAQ9QEwBg&dur=297

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭funsize

What about Alex (Malcolm McDowell) from A Clockwork Orange? You need white pants, a cane and some makeup, that's all. You already have the shirt and tie, I guess, and the bowler hat.

Alex is always a hit with the ladies.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_T961o3r1ib8/TIkQMNcxeeI/AAAAAAAAKoE/k5V6X2xPopc/s1600/clockworkorangecostume.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18 snookerwidow

Hi - sorry to highjack this but looking for ideas beginning with B and must be suitable for a group. Trying desperately to avoid having to go with other suggestion of 'baywatch' :( something funny.

Are you going the scary route or anything goes..

Beetlejuice - Can do with a group as ye can all be differant members
    or wait when you say a group do you mean something like a horse where one person is the head and one the arse :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 snookerwidow

thanks for the above yeah actually beetlejuice was in the mix as well. there are a few ladies in the group who love doing the 'sexy/naughty' fancy dress i.e the one that's not funny but the rest of us are looking for a group theme - so far we are thinking along the lines of bottles of beer, flock of birds, breakfast?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

Charlie Chaplin / The Tramp -
    wear the suit and the bowler hat and just add a walking stick and toothbrush moustache and fall over a lot.

thanks for the above yeah actually beetlejuice was in the mix as well. there are a few ladies in the group who love doing the 'sexy/naughty' fancy dress i.e the one that's not funny but the rest of us are looking for a group theme - so far we are thinking along the lines of bottles of beer, flock of birds, breakfast?

mmm I see where you are going.. with this..

Could try a Chain Gang that way it the ladys want to go sexy Style the could..If you wanted to go movie wise you could do "O brother where art thou", have the men as well the convincts and the ladies as the sirens or so they call them.

Pencil case and all that goes with it...rubber :0, ruler, sharpner..

Advertisement