Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How Funny is Syphilis/Hector Ó hEochagáin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Syphilis ain't gots nuffin on AIDS brah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Syphilis is very subjective I guess...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

I hate that man with a passion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,055 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

He just tries too hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Syphilis is the only one you can get rid of.

Seriously though, presumably the answer is that both values are (supposed to be) zero.

If the total number of laughs generated by both Hector and Syphilis is not greater than zero, then their value is the same in that regard.

Problems of imprecision arise only with values > 0, I submit.

HTH.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

He was at the All ireland yesterday yahooing away.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Syphillis is kind of funny when you don't have to deal with it yourelf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

hau haru haru

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Hector with syphilis. Now that's funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

The only thing he does is say "how irish is that?" for things like having a cup of tea(which of course nobody but the irish does), or hairdressers having "wacky" names and other such shiite. His obsession with "Irish mammies" is bloody annoying, does he think irish mothers are the only ones who nag and talk nonsense???? I thought this bloke was supposed to be well travelled but he sounds like some dumb cúnt who has never left Ballybúttfúck.

EDIT: Would prefer syphilis myself, far funnier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Seriously though. F*ck Hector.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

He goes on like that lad in school that everyone didn't like, and tried way too hard to be funny, and doesn't succeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

F*ck Hector.

For a laugh? Or for You Know What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Hector's not that bad tbh.

Give me Hector over the skinny, personality bypassed cretin that does be in straight after him any day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

I like him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭qwerty93

Rahooo Rahooo Rahooo!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I would consider Hector more like Herpes myself, the thought of it is frightening and you can never get rid of it. That Horse Racing programme he was in was probably the biggest load of manure ever churned out on Irish tv.

Ghandee wrote: »
    Hector's not that bad tbh.

Give me Hector over the skinny, personality bypassed cretin that does be in straight after him any day.

part of his appeal is that he is not from Dublin and listeners outside of Dublin sometimes appreciate hearing a non Dublin accent on national radio.
    I find him okay.

Stinicker wrote: »
    I would consider Hector more like Herpes myself, the thought of it is frightening and you can never get rid of it. That Horse Racing programme he was in was probably the biggest load of manure ever churned out on Irish tv.

I liked his travel shows. his insane shenanigans opened a lot of doors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The country folk seem to like him

• Advertisement

The country folk seem to like him

cos he seems to be more irish and down to earth than Craig 'pretty boy' Doyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

he had an interview programme on tv there lately I think with tommy tiernan - where they interviewed various people.

it was the most embarrassing thing on TV - worse than a horror movie.

hes basically a run of the mill loud mark who got in with the "crowd"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

the only funny thing to come out of Hector's existance is the Savage Eye pisstakes of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

MJ23 wrote: »
    He goes on like that lad in school that everyone didn't like, and tried way too hard to be funny, and doesn't succeed.

that was me once upon a time. I'm just a miserable lonely bolloks now.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Ugh. The stupid country voice, the overreliance on phrases in Irish, the gingerness... listening to him is the equivalent of having sand pouring into your boxers while being forced to do jumping jacks to the sound of some rancid diddly-eye. I feel dirty and embarrassed listen to the uncultured fool.

Advertisement