Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving home

Options
  • 10-09-2012 7:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am originally from Laois, I am seriously putting some consideration into moving home from Scotland where I have been living for 11 years. I have 2 children now also. Time flies. I am a RPN nurse & would hope to gain employment in this area. Any suggestions on moving home is greatly appreciated. Removal companies, rental market, jobs, schools etc.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

job = non existant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

sydthebeat wrote: »
    job = non existant
    +1
    and with the big shots trying their best to close abbeyleix and shaen hospital.along with probably more cuts coming to portlaoise general, chances are if you come back to laois, you'll be just another number on the live register

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Aisling1978

Thank uou for your replies, depressing but no doubt realistic;-( Can I just ask if you are both thinking of jobs within the HSE? Also if you know if this scenario applies to the private sector too ie nursing homes etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Well i cant see any kind of work in private or otherwise.any kind of nursing work seems to be gone down the swanney.so many hospitals and care homes being closed/downgraded.and then with an increase of people who are doing nursing courses and degrees, any job in your line of work is going to be applied for bby a large amountof people

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

The best chances of you finding employment within nursing is through an agency,Aisling.
    Perhaps contact www.cplhealthcare.com and www.nurseoncall.ie and see what is available first.

Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭port

Try private nursing homes, particularly newly opened ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 edward.dunne

theres plenty of jobs for nurses at the moment. Im in the social care / mental health sector. If you apply to any of the agencies or nursing homes, or private healthcare companies you should get something!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rocknrollkid

Hi Ashling, I am also a nurse and my husband and I and our little girl live in bracknagh village which is 5 mins from portarlington. We are looking to rent our house out as we want to move back to kildare to be near family and closer to work (Dublin). Am not sure if you are looking to rent or buy but we have a large 4 bedroom bungalow on 0.25 acre for rent. it's very secure ideal for children and only 5 mins from portarlington and its out in the countryside. keep us in mind if you do decide to move home...we haven't put our house on the rental market yet..p.s excuse the username...it's my husbands :)

Advertisement