Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a MacBook and getting VAT refund

Options
  • 10-09-2012 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I want to buy a MacBook pro (with retina display) before going home to Australia and I want to claim back VAT on my way out.

Does anyone know of a dublin store selling apple products and participating in a VAT refund scheme?

Alternatively, I could consider a Belfast option...

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Alternatively, where are you flying through? You'll likely pick ups MacBook in LGR, DXB, AUH, SIN or. BKK fairly easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Melchior

Haven't booked a flight yet, but would likely go via KUL. That being said, my (recent) experience with Apple products in airport shopping have not yielded significant discounts. In fact, getting a tax refund out of Australia works out cheaper.

The VAT refund would however be a significant discount if it was close to the full 23% refunded.

Plus, I would have three months to use it in Dublin before leaving which is the main motivation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Melchior

Thanks, there is some good information about the specifics of what to do at the airport.

The question remains however as to which stores are participating in the VAT refund and selling the macbook pro with retina display.

i.e. who has the vat refund forms?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement