Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

blasting yourself in perfume

• 10-09-2012 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

So im on the luas and there's a woman beside me who smells like a bottle of perfume fell on her.
    Unfortunately I suffer badly with hayfever and I'm allergic to a lot of perfumes however regardless of this I don't think anyone needs that much perfume unless of course they haven't showered in a while. So I'm sneezing like a dust mite who's allergic to dust and my mascara is running down my face. Not a good look

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Aha, the weekly "Woman wearing too much mascara complains about woman wearing too much perfume" thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Nothing better than a smelly woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

Hmmm well my mascara isnt going to make anyone sneeze

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Why didn't you just say "excuse me but *sneeze* I think that you should *sneeze* know you have to much perfume *sneeze* on you"?
    You sneeze on her, she gets the message.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭WhimSock

She's covering up the stench of her rancid gash. Probably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Nice smelly girl v. Sneezy girl with stuff in her face?

Sorry, she wins ( unless she is Ray Darcy )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Priori

Poor woman could be depressed...

Nice smelly girl v. Sneezy girl with stuff in her face?

Sorry, she wins ( unless she is Ray Darcy )

Haha who said it was a competition? Btw I'd win hands down

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

move?

move?

Wow what an excellent suggestion, unfortunately the luas was packed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

did she have that makeup and fake tan that makes her look like an oompa loompa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

blacklilly wrote: »
    So im on the luas and there's a woman beside me who smells like a bottle of perfume fell on her.
    Unfortunately I suffer badly with hayfever and I'm allergic to a lot of perfumes however regardless of this I don't think anyone needs that much perfume unless of course they haven't showered in a while. So I'm sneezing like a dust mite who's allergic to dust and my mascara is running down my face. Not a good look

Use waterproof mascara next time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Haha who said it was a competition? Btw I'd win hands down

Everything is a competition.

We compete for air, for jobs, for love, for money, and for space on the Luas.

good job your stop wasn't coming up soon then, if you weren't able to move. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

Beats people who smell like a bottle of fart just fell on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

This is a pet hate of mine as well. There are few things grosser than being stuck in a confined space with someone who has drowned themselves in perfume. I used to go to bootcamp (not in a confined space, admittedly) with a woman who was like the perfume counter in Woolworth's, you'd be there running behind her gasping for breath and getting a mouthful of disgusting, eye watering fumes. I would actually prefer the smell of farts, they tend not to hang around as long.

Some people have no sense of smell, unfortunately. Or mistakenly think they smell delicious. You should be able to get ASBOs against them, for olfactory assault. Seriously. This in no way would be a waste of public monies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

I don't think anyone needs that much perfume unless of course they haven't showered in a while.

If thats the case, its a shower they need and not perfume.

I feel your pain, I hate this too. Its usually the really sweet sickly perfumes that they go overboard on too. :(

did she have that makeup and fake tan that makes her look like an oompa loompa?

No she wasn't one of them,she looked relatively normal.
    Really good suggestion re;waterproof mascara but I don't think it suits me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Green Line or Red line ? Actually must have been the red line, we have individual carriages per passenger on the green line ...

Green Line or Red line ? Actually must have been the red line, we have individual carriages per passenger on the green line ...

Green line, donno what time you get the luas at but its always packed when im getting it its always jamed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

I once sat next to a lady on the luas who reeked of toilet duck, true story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Eeeewwwwww public transport!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

There are some perfumes that can smell incredible and I wouldn't care if the girl was bathed in it, but then there are some that are so pungent that like the OP they make my eyes water!

They have to be fairly strong anyway because being a smoker I have practically no sense of smell, so I can only imagine what it must be like for a non-smoker!

No she wasn't one of them,she looked relatively normal.
    Really good suggestion re;waterproof mascara but I don't think it suits me

id say it suits you better than mascara running down your face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Green line, donno what time you get the luas at but its always packed when im getting it its always jamed

7:30 .. after that it's a tough and go scenario ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Why is it that people who drown themselves in perfume always wear the sickliest, sweetest, cheapest smelling perfume they can find. It turns my stomach. :(

I wear perfume daily but I don't drown myself in it. I remember being on a bus once and the lady sitting in front of me kept spraying perfume. I could barely breath and had to ask her to stop, she didn't take well to this but thankfully a number of other people backed me up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

#greenlineproblems #FML

• Site Banned Posts: 236 ✭✭vader65

I wear perfume daily but I don't drown myself in it. I remember being on a bus once and the lady sitting in front of me kept spraying perfume. I could barely breath and had to ask her to stop, she didn't take well to this but thankfully a number of other people backed me up
    nothing worse than when someone misses with their perfume and hits you right in the face with it... happened to me once swallowed some crap perfume!! :-/ #nottasty

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

Why is it that people who drown themselves in perfume always wear the sickliest, sweetest, cheapest smelling perfume they can find. It turns my stomach. :(

Burberry "Weekend" for women always does it for me, mmmhmm! :D But now I think of it, one of my female friends wears Tom Ford "Black Orchid" for men, its weird, but it actually works on her! :pac:

Can't think of others right now off the top of my head but I do remember being in Brown Thomas once and trying out one or two on recommendation of a friend, the girl handed me the card and the smell of this one particular perfume was so pungent almost like sniffing white spirit that my nose still wasn't right an hour later! :pac:

purfume I can stand - but bad breath - omg I have smelled some people with the worst bad breath when I am in queues - its seriously gag worthy - do they not realize that their breath stinks. its the worst smell ever.

at least the person spraying the perfume is more thank likely clean, and has brushed their teeth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

It's even worse when you can identify the perfume and it's generally awful. An ex co-worker of mine wore YSL Rive Gauche (?) resulting in empty reaches from me within eight feet of her :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

To much is not nice also the rich perfumes that linger when someone leaves. The nice ones are the hint of a tint of a smell that you get when someone is close.

I never wear them my musk is enough to rattle any ovaries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Could be worse. It could always be worse. It will probably get worse.

Advertisement