Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Care - Placement

• 10-09-2012 9:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone here has any experience first hand or choosing their own placement and the college accepting it? We were given mixed messages last year as to whether or not it was acceptable. Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53 ✭✭ilovesmoothies

Hi there! I am now a 4th year in ITB so I have completed placements in both 2nd and 3rd year! Last year I ended up getting my own placement, we were told that we arent allowed to organise our own but they were all over the shop last year and I think people were giving out about where they were placed. I knew someone working in the area of social care who said they would get me a placement and I was allowed to accept it. Best of luck with the placement this year. If you know somebody working in social care there is no harm maybe asking them could you do a placement in there service and then suggest it to whoever is coordinating the placements! :-)

Advertisement