Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Certus D/D Payments

Options
  • 10-09-2012 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Any body having trouble dealing with Halifax through Certus? When Halifax pulled out of Ireland I agreed to make a payment on the 14th of every month to clear the outstanding amount. Since Certus has taken over control they seem to change the date to whatever suits them and then they say they can go for the payment up to 3 days before that, which in turn this time round they said my payment was due the 11th and went for it on the 10th. 4 days before the agreement that I signed up to and this is after I had advised them that the amount would not be in my account until the 12th. How can you budget for this? Is there any one else having the same hassle?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Legislator

Certus can only debit your account is accordance with the advance notice that they must provide you. For example if you have agreed to amke a payment on the 14th and you have this in writing then they can only debit you on this date or the next working day. Under no circumsatnces can they debit you prior to the 14th. You are entitled to return or receive a refund for any DD presented before the agreed date.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭heartofarebel

Thanks a lot for that. I had an idea that might be the case but wasn't sure. I even rang them this morning and still got the same response about 3 days earlier. They said I can change the date of my D/D but it still could come out early. At this stage I'll stop the D/D in my bank and write to them outlining my concerns. Again thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭heartofarebel

Just one more question. They send me a bill as they would if it was a credit card payment. The dates on that can vary. Am I still covered by the original agreement for payment on the 14th?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Legislator

If the amount is varying then the bill becomes the 'advance notice' and your account can be debited on the date advised in the bill.

Advertisement