Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CPU Load at 0% 20% 40% 60% 80% 100%

Options
  • 10-09-2012 9:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Im designing a heatsink for an embedded PC. To test this I have to run theCPU (i7) at 0%, 20%, 40%, 60%, 80% and 100% to determine the varioustemperature rise under different conditions with different ambienttemperatures. Im a mechanical engineer and not a coder so coding for Windows 7is well outside my domain. Does anyone in here know of any program (benchmarkpossibly?) that allows me to set the load on the CPU? I have searched the webbut can find none but perhaps you guys know of one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

You could turn speed step off in the bios (dynamic load scaling), then manually fix the cpu to certain frequencies. Run a program like Prime95 or whatever to load the cpu.

Advertisement