Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bottles of water being thrown at people

Options
  • 10-09-2012 9:43am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭

Has anyone heard of people getting full bottles of water thrown at them? My workmate was telling me their friend was hit in the chest and a taximan said they saw someone in the car in front hit someone with a full bottle of water. Is this the new thing happening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Bottles full of yellow 'water', yeah......

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Esel wrote: »

Stale beer? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bluecode

Hah, remember it being a carton of milk for some reason. I was quick on the comeback and returned the compliment. You should have seen the look on their face.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Bottles of water NO...but balloons full of water YES..happened to me passing the custom house on the quays, they came from the top of a tour bus..

JosDel wrote: »
    Bottles of water NO...but balloons full of water YES..happened to me passing the custom house on the quays, they came from the top of a tour bus..

The Viking Splash Tour, by any chance? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Lars1916 wrote: »
    The Viking Splash Tour, by any chance? ;)

No, CIE tour bus...

JosDel wrote: »
    No, CIE tour bus...

Those tourists can't behave :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

A friend of mine got a can of beer (full) thrown at him on O'Connell Street about a year ago :eek: Thankfully it did not hit him however It was totally unprovoked as he was just waiting for the bus!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

N64 wrote: »
    A friend of mine got a can of beer (full) thrown at him on O'Connell Street about a year ago :eek: Thankfully it did not hit him however It was totally unprovoked as he was just waiting for the bus!

I bet they came running to get their beer back. Saddos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Esel wrote: »
    Lars1916 wrote: »
    Stale beer? ;)

kidney cider methinks

happened to me years ago when some youth's threw an egg at me. i reacted very quick though and threw the glass bottle of oasis i had in my hand at the car. it smashed to peices on the back window but didnt break it so i pegged it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

During winter the year before last someone threw a huge snowball down on my head from the top of the building, actually knocked me out and I had a mild concussion :( They never found the pr*ck either.

During winter the year before last someone threw a huge snowball down on my head from the top of the building, actually knocked me out and I had a mild concussion :( They never found the pr*ck either.

Had that a few times myself, cycling pass a group of kids, being pelted with snowballs. Little (insert curse of your choice) :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

When i lived in ballymun as a child you would get pelted sometimes walking past the flats with water baloons or snow balls if winter.

When i think back it was quite dangerous snowballs from that height would do serious damage

But when we were there we though it was very funny....

i will miss the flats for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

Bottles of water is a new one on me.

I was standing in the circular middle section of the second floor of the Jervis Centre when out of nowhere two chicken bones were thrown at me, I assume it was from KFC. Scummers make it hard to for me to enjoy living in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

^ They were trying to bone you!

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement