Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upc and streaming

• 10-09-2012 9:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭

Lately im having a bit of trouble streaming from different sites.Im getting 31mb down and 2.7mb up and I still have to wait for youtube/netflix to buff.

Anyone have an idea what could be causing this and how Id go about fixing it ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

I have the same problem.

I recently upgraded to the 100mb UPC package. My download speeds are through the roof for programmes like Jdownloader and Steam but Youtube and streaming has taken a hit. It wasn't a problem with the old 25mb package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

It might be an issue at youtube's end. With (globally) more and more people having faster and faster internet access - their servers might be hitting a bottleneck (esp at peak times).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

Yakuza wrote: »
    It might be an issue at youtube's end. With (globally) more and more people having faster and faster internet access - their servers might be hitting a bottleneck (esp at peak times).

It seems to be all the time to the point where I don't bother with youtube anymore.Its not that it takes forever but I would have to wait for maybe 3-4 times the length of the video for it to fully buff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

It seems to be Youtube playing up - I find the 360p setting constantly buffers but 480p (and 720p and 1080p) fly along without a hiccup so it would appear not to be a bandwidth issue but an issue with the 360p codec.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

Kensington wrote: »
    It seems to be Youtube playing up - I find the 360p setting constantly buffers but 480p (and 720p and 1080p) fly along without a hiccup so it would appear not to be a bandwidth issue but an issue with the 360p codec.

You sir are a genius.I changed the res and its working perfectly.Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Kensington wrote: »
    Thanks for that!

Advertisement