Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'Awh thanks', or 'Get away you big creeper'?

• 10-09-2012 11:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭

Strolling along the street and a beautiful girl crossed over to the same side. She was dressed up and clearly going to a function/party of some sort. (She looked HOT!)
    As she walked along I noticed she was discretely looking in the reflection of the shop windows fidgeting with her dress and jewelry a bit. Understandable as she wanted to look her best.
    As I was walking behind her I noticed she had a sticker on the sole of her new shoes, clearly the price tag. I wanted to tell her but started thinking about how to stop her and say it, with it being a helpful thing and not an embarrassing thing.
    Just then she went inside a shop to talk to someone (possibly a friend). I kind of slowed to gawk in and decided that I can't just wait outside and I didn't want to walk in and interrupt two strangers so I kept going slowly up the street. I stopped at the crossing for a bit to see if she was going to continue up after me but no sign, so I just went about my day (following ladies).
    I wish I got to tell but was also a bit paranoid about getting a negative reaction.
    Ladies and crossdressers of AH, would you appreciate a stranger coming up to tell you something about the sticker on the bottom of your shoes or would it shock and freak you out a bit?

Comments

ooh I love a man who tells me Ive got Diamonds on the soles of my feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Old men love telling me my shoelaces are untied.
    "careful son"

You don't seem like a creep OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

It's like when someone's zip is down.

SOrry I was just staring at your crotch and noticed your fly is undone....you're welcome ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

or the tag on the back of a womans top.

that always confuses me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

It would probably take me a couple of seconds to process what you were saying (because it's not exactly common for a stranger to approach in the street and tell you the price sticker was still on your sole) but then I'd thank you and ask if you'd been admiring my shoes.

On the whole I'm always appreciative of someone letting me know if I've a tag/label showing, or if there's something on my face, etc. I remember one time walking out of a toilet with my skirt tucked into my knickers before, would have been nice if someone had pointed that out to me. :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Say nothing.

There's nothing Irish women like to do better than shoot you down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Depends on how noticeable it is to determine whether you had to be staring to see it. So a tag left on or skirt tucked into knickers would jump out at you, even if you weren't staring.

But "sorry, I just noticed you have small dog hair on the back of your dress, just on the left arse cheek". Em...not advisable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

Completely depends if she thinks you're hot or not OP! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Jaxxy wrote: »
    On the whole I'm always appreciative of someone letting me know if I've a tag/label showing, or if there's something on my face, etc. I remember one time walking out of a toilet with my skirt tucked into my knickers before, would have been nice if someone had pointed that out to me. :D

OOh been there done that! :(
    Was in a shop one day and this girl was strutting her stuff around - thought she was gorgeous. Tiny mini skirt and high heels. Barged her way through people to get up the escalator first and had a huge ladder up the back of her tights! :D:D

It's the same as when a woman is just after leaving a toilet and her skirt/dress is tucked into the back of her tights. Or if they're wearing a bag, thus lifting up the back of their skirt/dress.

My first instinct is to tell them so, because it's downright embarrassing, but you'll always get some women who will accuse you of having a perve. Er, no, it's pretty hard not to miss your arse sticking out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Laughing and pointing gets across the idea that there's something wrong and you don't find her attractive.

Everyone's a winner.

Jaxxy wrote: »
    It would probably take me a couple of seconds to process what you were saying (because it's not exactly common for a stranger to approach in the street and tell you the price sticker was still on your sole) but then I'd thank you and ask if you'd been admiring my shoes.

:D

FearDark wrote: »
    Say nothing.

There's nothing Irish women like to do better than shoot you down.

Are you back from Australia yet? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭deandean

How much was the price tag for?

If >300 Euro she may have left the tag there on purpose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Had one recently where a woman was wearing a skirt that was fairly transparent and was wearing a black thong underneath.

Part of me wanted to say something to let her know her arse was visible through her skirt, but the other part didn't want to come across as some creep, so I said nothing and walked past her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

Or that you're wearing your clothes inside out. :/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Are you back from Australia yet? :D

New Zealand! It's great, women over here are awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I once had to catch the Tube in London very early one morning; I got on, and this girl was sitting there, clearly uncomfortable. Two other guys were sat opposite her, and the rest of the carriage was empty. Why? The zip on her jeans was undone, and you could see some white knickers. Those other guys were taking "mind the gap" in a way not quite envisaged by the staff of London Underground. :eek:

(Yes, I told her, by the way.)

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Dovies wrote: »
    OOh been there done that! :(
    Was in a shop one day and this girl was strutting her stuff around - thought she was gorgeous. Tiny mini skirt and high heels. Barged her way through people to get up the escalator first and had a huge ladder up the back of her tights! :D:D

Jesus! She's keen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

deandean wrote: »
    How much was the price tag for?

If >300 Euro she may have left the tag there on purpose.

I always have the old 'Yeah, your shoes are nice...but they'd look better behind your ears' line in case of any guff.

(Think about it, sex fiends)

• Advertisement
Advertisement