Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banking 365 - who/why removed viewing transaction history?

Options
  • 10-09-2012 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Long standing Bank of Ireland customer, no debits, no overdraft, ever, etc.

I liked using their online service when it finally got going....keep track of accounts, do transfers etc. All very efficient, saves cost of travelling to branch etc.

Also get paper statements, require them for any audits and they are good for accountant/tracking purposes.

“Switch to e-statements” said BofI, “Its good for the environment”. Well ok, but revenue/audits need paper statements, so I’ll keep mine thanks.

Now, on the website, you can only see transactions back to last statement. If you try to view more they tell you “switch to e-statements”. But where did my online transactions go? You can’t even search the e-statements electronically the way you could back transactions.

OK, so maybe I’ll switch to e-statements so I can get back to where I was, viewing my transactions online. But wait, buried in the small print “e-statements replace your paper ones, which you will no longer receive” (unless you pay for them!).

So now I have to pay for what I had before, or pay to print my statements myself! Meantime – my online transaction viewed has disappeared.

Boo – hiss

Bad customer service – sneaky :confused:.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah, that is pretty sneaky and bad form.

I would be all on for signing up for e-Statements, but until Revenue will accept bank statements and bills in electronic format, then I don't really have any choice except to stick with my printed statements.

Plus of course I imagine it I went into a BOI to apply for a loan or a bank and showed them printed off eStatements from another bank as proof of earnings, they'd probably tell me to get "original statements".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi andrew88,

Thanks for getting in touch.

You should still have access to twelve months of transactions online. On the Statements screen there are three tabs, Recent Transactions, Statements and Cheque Search. By clicking on Recent Transactions you can select a month from the drop down list. Alternatively, if you click on Advanced, you can filter the dates or transaction types you require.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 7 andrew88

Thanks Tara

Well I have to admit - that does work, however

- It is a bit "hidden", they could have retianed the original tab for it
    - this is different to the credit card statements, which I had just been viewing, hence the confusion over lack of consistency

BTW - has anyone at BofI check if estatements I print off myself acceptable for:
    - revenue audits?
    - meeting BofI criteria if I was applying for a loan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi andrew88,

Thanks for contacting us.

I will pass your feedback about the positioning of the tabs to the relevant department.

BOI will accept eStatements printed from 365 Online.
    Please contact the revenue to check if it is their policy to accept eStatements for audit purposes.

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement