Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheelchair of the Future

• 10-09-2012 11:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.iimaginedesign.com/

Did anyone see the programme about this last night? It was on after the Paralympics finished.

The guy who designed this chair, was left paralysed from the waist down at the age of 11 after he fell out of a tree and broke his back.

It looks absolutely gorgeous, but there are some features missing(imho). Also, God knows what it's going to cost when it is launched!!!!??

Edit: Maybe not "wheelchair of the future", but pretty bloody cool looking if ye ask me.....?
    Edit #2: I can see a load of problems with it already imo:

1. It has no sideguards to protect the users clothing in bad weather
    2. It doesn't seem to have push handles at the back?
    3. The pushrims on the wheels are integrated into the actual frame of the wheel. IMO, this could cause difficulty in pushing the chair for someone who cannot grip things properly.
    4. I don't see any brakes on the chair.

Comments

Advertisement