Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Killer Drug?

• 10-09-2012 12:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Is there a killer drug in circulation there seems to be a good few deaths over the last 8 weeks or so from something, nobody seems to be saying what it is though. Usually when something like happens in the uk the police come straight out and warn people, why isn't that happening?
    3 people died after Swedish house mafia but there was no public health warning.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

yes, you are right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Maybe they're just OD ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Herion, Cociane, Cianide?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Two in Cork died because of drugs over the weekend, there was a warning on the radio, highly unlikely they both died from ODs at the same time together.
    Much more probable they took a bad batch of <insert class A drug>.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

I heard they were all on cake.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

there was no public health warning.

Give the drugs up for a couple of weeks and you should be grand. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Dynamite with a laser beam
    guarenteed to blow your mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

A health warning? They're illegal because they're dangerous in the first place. What kind of warning would you want. "Make sure your dealer of illegal narcotics is trustworthy"

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

Always read the "best before"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Putting out a warning saying, "Drug users beware, you might get a hit from a bad batch" seems somewhat defunct. Isn't that basically always the case?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

HEY KIDS, DRUGS R BAD, U SHOULDNT DO DRUGS, MKAY, IF U DO THEM, U R BAD, CUZ DRUGS R BAD, MKAY, IS A BAD THING TO DO DRUGS, SO DONT BE BAD, BY DOIN DRUGS, MKAY, THAT WOULD BE BAD, CUZ DRUGS R BAD, MKAY..

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

Drugs are like a box a chocolates...

of course we'll have the wiseguys on who know better. just like jerry and these graduates, they've got the real facts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I would say mixing the drug (whatever it is) with gallons of spirits is killing them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Worst drug I encountered, most damaging, the one that's killed most - it's legal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

Um, they've been warning us all for years about the dangers of taking drugs, but it didn't stop people. Its no surprise that certain drugs can kill you. Stop acting all outraged when it actually happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

seamus wrote: »
    Putting out a warning saying, "Drug users beware, you might get a hit from a bad batch" seems somewhat defunct. Isn't that basically always the case?

Yea but sure we all know drugs aren't usually bad for you. Safer than alcohol most of the time.
    Call it responsible policing like this http://www.elystandard.co.uk/news/police_issue_ecstasy_warning_after_death_of_two_young_men_in_cambridgeshire_1_1396296

If the 2 chaps in cork died of the same thing the guys in dublin died of I think there should be a public health warning. "Watch out for the tabs with the fiat badge" or something to that effect.

Yea but sure we all know drugs aren't usually bad for you.

Yes they usually are, as is alcohol.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Um, they've been warning us all for years about the dangers of taking drugs, but it didn't stop people. Its no surprise that certain drugs can kill you. Stop acting all outraged when it actually happens.

We're on our high horses and we're gonna make some noise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

Generally it's when they mix heroin into either E or Coke.
    Katy French died that way there was large amounts of heroin mixed into the coke causing od. The same thing can happen with E usually speckled brown or else too pure and strong causing od.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

The reason no one cares when they hear that is because of the default use of scare tactics when the government talks about drugs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Is this killer drug legal? I read somewhere that it was...

Anyway all drugs are bad for you, even medicines and pharmaceuticals. The human body isn't meant for them. Just sometimes the good effects outweigh the bad ones and therefore we use them for illness.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,592 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

My motto is, if you'ew going to take drugs, replace them

old hippy wrote: »
    Worst drug I encountered, most damaging, the one that's killed most - it's legal.

youre unlikely to die from a single round of drinks though.
    i dont think ive ever heard of someone dying after 1 pint
    1 gram though...hear it every so often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Dynamite with a laser beam
    guarenteed to blow your mind

She's a killa...........Quuuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeen!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

Yea but sure we all know drugs aren't usually bad for you.Safer than alcohol most of the time.

Call it responsible policing like. I think there should be a public health warning.

Speak for yourself! What's this "we" business? I know prescribed drugs can have unpleasant or unexpected side effects, let alone non-prescribed or illegal drugs.

Call it what you want, if illegal drug users haven't been listening to public health warnings for years, they're hardly going to listen now, are they?

From an ex-coke addict, before you suggest I'm being a judgemental prick. Never touched tabs though, even though I grew up going to raves where disco biscuits were passed around like skittles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭MrTsSnickers

Call it what you want, if illegal drug users haven't been listening to public health warnings for years, they're hardly going to listen now, are they?

But is it not just good practice for the authorities to give a public health warning along the lines of: There have been X deaths in recent times, it has been found that these people have taken substance Y, if you are going to buy some, the Health authority suggests you don't, but if you do, be extra vigilant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

You're hardly going to be extra vigilant when you're mashed off your face on said drug, lets be realistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

The auld speckled "E" mixed with heroin myth raises its head again I see.

Copious amounts of alcohol mixed with coke is much more dangerous than people think because they react to form a third substance - cocaethylene which is highly toxic and can cause heart attacks in young people.

Is there a killer drug in circulation there seems to be a good few deaths over the last 8 weeks or so from something, nobody seems to be saying what it is though. Usually when something like happens in the uk the police come straight out and warn people, why isn't that happening?
    3 people died after Swedish house mafia but there was no public health warning.
    I remember asking at the time if it was ODs or not. The description of one of the deaths was odd but I think only one of the 3 actually had any link to the gig. One death doesn't suggest a bad batch, just someone overdoing it.
    Yet just about everywhere does it when an actual dangerous batch is doing the rounds.

• Advertisement

But is it not just good practice for the authorities to give a public health warning along the lines of: There have been X deaths in recent times, it has been found that these people have taken substance Y, if you are going to buy some, the Health authority suggests you don't, but if you do, be extra vigilant.

I get what you're saying, I do, but what part are you not getting that whatever a person's drug of choice, when they want it, they want it, and they're not going to listen to any health warnings because they know their behaviour is risky, but the urge is too strong for some to resist, and some don't care where they get it, and some think "ah that won't happen to me", and then more again simply just don't care!

If you're stuck in the middle of the desert and all you have to drink is a bottle of vinegar, eventually you'll get so thirsty and desperate that you'll drink the vinegar even though you know it'll leave you even more dehydrated!

AnonoBoy wrote: »

If it's brown it has to be heroin. :pac:

"They put the heroin in the E to get you hooked!"

Yup, that makes sense.

I get what you're saying, I do, but what part are you not getting that whatever a person's drug of choice, when they want it, they want it, and they're not going to listen to any health warnings because they know their behaviour is risky, but the urge is too strong for some to resist, and some don't care where they get it, and some think "ah that won't happen to me", and then more again simply just don't care!

Bit of a fallacy there. The vast majority of users aren't homeless and constantly chasing the next fix. The reason people ignore the over-arching "health warnings" is because experience has shown them that they're bull****. When a specific issue presents then police forces and charities usually do put out warnings.

"They put the heroin in the E to get you hooked!"

Yup, that makes sense.

I knew it was heroin when I saw my friends bouncing off the walls like junkies. :pac:

Copious amounts of alcohol mixed with coke is much more dangerous than people think because they react to form a third substance - cocaethylene which is highly toxic and can cause heart attacks in young people.

Realistically though someone coked off their head isn't going to be in a rush to the bar to drink copious amounts of alcohol more looking for another line or a joint.

Conversely excessive E speckled with whatever can lead to overdose, one more tab.....

• Advertisement

Buttonftw wrote: »
    Bit of a fallacy there. The vast majority of users aren't homeless and constantly chasing the next fix. The reason people ignore the over-arching "health warnings" is because experience has shown them that they're bull****. When a specific issue presents then police forces and charities usually do put out warnings.

Well lah dee dah, thinly veiled "I still have a house" post!

*closes flaps on cardboard box* :mad:

godeas16 wrote: »
    Realistically though someone coked off their head isn't going to be in a rush to the bar to drink copious amounts of alcohol more looking for another line or a joint.
    Most people, certain, ahem, personality types seem to think that coke and alcohol complement each other very well, they're the ones everyone notices.
    Conversely excessive E speckled with whatever can lead to overdose, one more tab.....
    If you've never taken heroin and accidently take a tiny amount, so small that it produces no noticeable effects then taking the same tiny amount isn't going to cause an OD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,193 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

MagicSean wrote: »
    A health warning? They're illegal because they're dangerous in the first place. What kind of warning would you want. "Make sure your dealer of illegal narcotics is trustworthy"
    yup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,193 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Katy French died that way there was large amounts of heroin mixed into the coke causing od. The same thing can happen with E usually speckled brown or else too pure and strong causing od.
    Did you make that up?

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭#Smokey#

Red bull and double or triple vodka = speedball effect = heart attack

Alcohol is the worst drug i have known and ive known heroin addicts,coke heads,meph heads,crack heads,E users,MDPV addicts,ket heads, "Mket aka Methoxetamine" which id say was rampant at swedish house mafia by the looks of people i seen.
    Cant forget the doctors friend "valium" either which withdrawl brings benzo fits which can kill you even more that going cold turkey on heroin.

Use dont abuse as every drug is a killer. 4-6 500mg paracetemol tablets can cause liver failure yet we still sell it in nearly every shop same with alcohol its just socially accepted and the drug dealers..sorry government need their tax revenue.

Ive recently lost a friend over drugs and i dont blame the drug i blame the abuse of it. He wasnt addicted to it he was healthy and just didnt respect what he took and sadly his family and friends have to deal with the loss

Just my opinion

• Advertisement

Most people, certain, ahem, personality types seem to think that coke and alcohol complement each other very well, they're the ones everyone notices.

If you've never taken heroin and accidently take a tiny amount, so small that it produces no noticeable effects then taking the same tiny amount isn't going to cause an OD.

It's not the heroin it's the MDMA can die from pre existing heart conditions, Hyponatremia, Hyperthermia. It's unusual but can happen.

It's not the heroin it's the MDMA can die from pre existing heart conditions, Hyponatremia, Hyperthermia. It's unusual but can happen.

Anything can trigger a pre-existing condition. It generally takes a very large amount or a steep increase in dose to cause anything like that with MDMA, the dodgy subs are the ones that are more likely to do it and that warnings will be put out about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Love is a battlefield.
    Love is the drug im thinking of .
    Ye have to be delicate like your holding a flower but firm like your shoeing a horse.

No killer drugs just idiots taking more than they can handle.
    Aww swedish house mafia coming up Im gonna do ten e .
    It sometimes doesnt end well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

Rigol wrote: »
    youre unlikely to die from a single round of drinks though.
    i dont think ive ever heard of someone dying after 1 pint
    1 gram though...hear it every so often.

Dunno...I was dying the other night after two pints, maybe I'm getting old :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

My arse that happened. There have been a few cases where dealers polluted a rival dealers coke with heroin in order to cause them to give themself a major OD, but commercially, not a chance.

Heroin sells at a higher price than cocaine and ecstasy. Why would it be used to dilute the cheaper product? (not to mention its effects are entirely different to the energetic effect someone taking coke/ e is seeking). Passing off heroin as cocaine and selling it at coke price is like premium imperial czarist vodka being mixed into a bottle of Tesco own brand and sold for a tenner. Financially it makes no sense.

My arse that happened. There have been a few cases where dealers polluted a rival dealers coke with heroin in order to cause them to give themself a major OD, but commercially, not a chance.

Heroin sells at a higher price than cocaine and ecstasy. Why would it be used to dilute the cheaper product? (not to mention its effects are entirely different to the energetic effect someone taking coke/ e is seeking). Passing off heroin as cocaine and selling it at coke price is like premium imperial czarist vodka being mixed into a bottle of Tesco own brand and sold for a tenner. Financially it makes no sense.

Motive was not financial, nothing to do with money. Polluted for a massive od. 2 lads were charged with murder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

There has never been a recorded case of ecstacy been cut with heroin or LSD. I think the cut with LSD myth usually comes from people who have taken 2c-b tablets thinking there were e's.

The majority of people on cocaine would mix it with alcohol. Cocaethylene builds up in the body. It's far more dangerous that any imagined heroin that people put in E.

1210m5g wrote: »
    There has never been a recorded case of ecstacy been cut with heroin or LSD. I think the cut with LSD myth usually comes from people who have taken 2c-b tablets thinking there were e's.

what is the average yoke cut with? does anyone here know?

Katy French died that way

That case is still before th courts. If you have information i suggest you go to the Gardaí instead of risk defamation case against boards and yourself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement