Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Killer Drug?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

Rigol wrote: »
    what is the average yoke cut with? does anyone here know?
    most commonly cut with amphetamines,caffeine & ephedrine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

godeas16 wrote: »
    It's not the heroin it's the MDMA can die from pre existing heart conditions, Hyponatremia, Hyperthermia. It's unusual but can happen.

More deaths are caused by alcohol related incidents than MDMA. If you stay hydrated and the stuff you're taking is clean, MDMA is a relatively safe drug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

#Smokey# wrote: »
    Red bull and double or triple vodka = speedball effect = heart attack

Alcohol is the worst drug i have known and ive known heroin addicts,coke heads,meph heads,crack heads,E users,MDPV addicts,ket heads, "Mket aka Methoxetamine" which id say was rampant at swedish house mafia by the looks of people i seen.
    Cant forget the doctors friend "valium" either which withdrawl brings benzo fits which can kill you even more that going cold turkey on heroin.

Use dont abuse as every drug is a killer. 4-6 500mg paracetemol tablets can cause liver failure yet we still sell it in nearly every shop same with alcohol its just socially accepted and the drug dealers..sorry government need their tax revenue.

Ive recently lost a friend over drugs and i dont blame the drug i blame the abuse of it. He wasnt addicted to it he was healthy and just didnt respect what he took and sadly his family and friends have to deal with the loss

Just my opinion

Just in relation to this I remember listening to an interview with a doctor who was talking about how cocaine was a much more dangerous drug than many others because of the fact that overdoses are not necessarily linked to the amount or if its the first time taking it etc his point was that its inherently dangerous in a way that heroin or alcohol is not (even though both these have a potential for lethal overdose).
    Sorry don;t have any links apart from half remembered interview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

MagicSean wrote: »
    A health warning? They're illegal because they're dangerous in the first place. What kind of warning would you want. "Make sure your dealer of illegal narcotics is trustworthy"

134 people died from dangerous drugs in last week alone.
    I hope the government had no part in this.
    7,000 people die from the effects of tobacco each year in Ireland

"A terrifying new “legal high” has hit our streets. Methyl-carbonol, known by the street name “wiz,” is a clear liquid that causes cancers, liver problems, and brain disease, and is more toxic than ecstasy and cocaine. Addiction can occur after just one drink, and addicts will go to any lengths to get their next fix – even letting their kids go hungry or beating up their partners to obtain money. Casual users can go into blind rages when they’re high, and police have reported a huge increase in crime where the drug is being used. Worst of all, drinks companies are adding “wiz” to fizzy drinks and advertising them to kids like they’re plain Coca-Cola. Two or three teenagers die from it every week overdosing on a binge, and another 10 from having accidents caused by reckless driving. “Wiz” is a public menace – when will the Home Secretary think of the children and make this dangerous substance Class A?"

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭#Smokey#

Just in relation to this I remember listening to an interview with a doctor who was talking about how cocaine was a much more dangerous drug than many others because of the fact that overdoses are not necessarily linked to the amount or if its the first time taking it etc his point was that its inherently dangerous in a way that heroin or alcohol is not (even though both these have a potential for lethal overdose).
    Sorry don;t have any links apart from half remembered interview

Well i can believe that as i watched the documentary on how its produced and whatever the dealer,wholesaler cuts it with you dont know what your getting at the end of the day. "Cocaine" in this country is probably speed/caffeine or a research chemical and lidocaine or benzocaine and left in a airtight container with an open bottle of acetone and vinegar for a while then air it and bag it to give it that "pure coke" smell that people pay 100-120euro for while it probably cost the dealer 20-30euro

I wouldnt play russian roulette with my life like that as MDPV was sold mixed with a numbing agent and i seen many a silly lad lose his mind or end up with a heart condition.

As far as weed is concerned ive never seen someone OD or go crazy or even so much as start a fight.

Just my opinion as always

1210m5g wrote: »
    "A terrifying new “legal high” has hit our streets. Methyl-carbonol, known by the street name “wiz,” is a clear liquid that causes cancers, liver problems, and brain disease, and is more toxic than ecstasy and cocaine. Addiction can occur after just one drink, and addicts will go to any lengths to get their next fix – even letting their kids go hungry or beating up their partners to obtain money. Casual users can go into blind rages when they’re high, and police have reported a huge increase in crime where the drug is being used. Worst of all, drinks companies are adding “wiz” to fizzy drinks and advertising them to kids like they’re plain Coca-Cola. Two or three teenagers die from it every week overdosing on a binge, and another 10 from having accidents caused by reckless driving. “Wiz” is a public menace – when will the Home Secretary think of the children and make this dangerous substance Class A?"

Is this another of those Dihydrogen monoxide things (I'm not really getting it though as are these even issues theoretically associated with Acetoin which is what made Dihydrogen monoxide funny).

Edit. Saw your next post I'm feeling very silly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

They're illegal because they're dangerous in the first place

nope its

They are dangerous because they are illegal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

A health warning? They're illegal because they're dangerous in the first place. What kind of warning would you want. "Make sure your dealer of illegal narcotics is trustworthy"

That might seem ridiculous to you but that is actually the case a lot of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

I remember stuff last this happening a few years ago,no one died, but it took a few weeks for them to put out a warning that stuff that was been taken was not what it seemed.Im sure people will remember "snowballs".They were ment to be an "E" but were far from it.I know loads of people that took these and lost the plot.You might remember the young fella that pulled out his own eye.People were signing themselves in all over the place.Guys were trying to sell them for 50c each to get rid of them.Which was making the situation worse.

What Im getting at is people are going to take stuff no matter what so if there is something going around that's tainted then a nation wide warning should be put in place to prevent such deaths from happening.

I think its quite a naive view if you think "Sur they know drugs are bad for them if something happens its their own fault"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

godeas16 wrote: »
    Generally it's when they mix heroin into either E or Coke.
    Katy French died that way there was large amounts of heroin mixed into the coke causing od. The same thing can happen with E usually speckled brown or else too pure and strong causing od.
    Ah yeah, yokes cut with heroin, happens all the time, cause ye know, drug dealers like to cut cheap drugs with far more expensive drugs...its less cost effective and kills their customers...makes perfect sense.

As far as weed is concerned ive never seen someone OD or go crazy or even so much as start a fight.

Just my opinion as always

Just in relation to the weed thing, I personally think a lot of that is due to the modern western stereotype that weed makes you relaxed and because of this its self fulfilling response.
    I mean if cannabis really did physically turn you into a monged out passive person they wouldn;t have child soldiers smoking it to make them fearless.*
    I've also heard similar things (not involving children) anecdotally about combatants using it in the Lebanon before trying to rush Israeli positions

* http://www.lubangatrial.org/2010/10/05/lubanga-trial-highlights-plight-of-child-soldiers/

damagegt wrote: »
    I remember stuff last this happening a few years ago,no one died, but it took a few weeks for them to put out a warning that stuff that was been taken was not what it seemed.Im sure people will remember "snowballs".They were ment to be an "E" but were far from it.I know loads of people that took these and lost the plot.You might remember the young fella that pulled out his own eye.People were signing themselves in all over the place.Guys were trying to sell them for 50c each to get rid of them.Which was making the situation worse.

What Im getting at is people are going to take stuff no matter what so if there is something going around that's tainted then a nation wide warning should be put in place to prevent such deaths from happening.

I think its quite a naive view if you think "Sur they know drugs are bad for them if something happens its their own fault"

2c-b, its a fantastic drug if you know what your doing.

I mean if cannabis really did physically turn you into a monged out passive person they wouldn;t have child soldiers smoking it to make them fearless.*
    ]

it would if the weed was laced with Phencyclidine

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

9/10 it's not the actual heroin that kills a user. It's either a case of the user dieing from a disease they caught from sharing dirty needles, injecting into the wrong places or the user unknowingly taking a larger dose than what there used to.

Im not saying legalise all drugs but in my opinion decriminalise posession of small amounts of certain drugs and listen to proper advisors and neutral studies as these cases clog up the legal system and one stupid mistake when your young can affect your chances of getting a good job later in life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Crazy stuff. Ridiculous duration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

Ah yeah, yokes cut with heroin, happens all the time, cause ye know, drug dealers like to cut cheap drugs with far more expensive drugs...its less cost effective and kills their customers...makes perfect sense.

O.K. I've retracted the e statement having read the last 5 pages but stand by the coke one known as a speedball.

kingtiger wrote: »
    nope its

Exactly, no drug becomes safer when you hand it over to criminals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Honest opinion

I knew it was heroin when I saw my friends bouncing off the walls like junkies. :pac:

I seriously doubt that heroin is part of an opiate family which is not a stimulant its much more likely that they took Mdma (probably cut with speed) or cocaine.

Just in relation to the weed thing, I personally think a lot of that is due to the modern western stereotype that weed makes you relaxed and because of this its self fulfilling response.
    I've also heard similar things (not involving children) anecdotally about combatants using it in the Lebanon before trying to rush Israeli positions

* http://www.lubangatrial.org/2010/10/05/lubanga-trial-highlights-plight-of-child-soldiers/

Well all stoners i know are just relaxed,dont drink much and hate violence.
    Also Placebo effect is very powerful especially with children as ive heard stories myself of child soldiers being told that bullets will not hurt them as they are blessed by god

The people that though it would make them fearless also thought that having child solders was a good idea, do you agree with that too?

Well all stoners i know are just relaxed,dont drink much and hate violence.
    Also Placebo effect is very powerful especially with children as ive heard stories myself of child soldiers being told that bullets will not hurt them as they are blessed by god

not placebo, as I have posted above the weed is normally laced with PCP

I seriously doubt that heroin is part of an opiate family which is not a stimulant its much more likely that they took Mdma (probably cut with speed) or cocaine.

I think he was been sarcastic:)

True but unleashing it on the population thinking they were taking something else wasn't the greatest idea.

Yeh definitly are you for real? :rolleyes: Sure mix a mellow high with
    a dirty stimulant that everyone would cop onto straight away. Stop reading the tabloids and do some actualy research outside boards.ie

In much of Europe people drinking a lot stereotypically makes them lazy and sedate whereas here it makes them violent, funny huh?

Jesus you could lace anything with PCP and it be a totally different outcome.
    If they gave them water laced with speed im sure the water would not be to blame.

Im talking about plain aul unsprayed untouched weed mate. In my experience of all stoners that i've met ive never seen once being violent or angry or on edge or in any sort of distress

If they gave them water laced with speed im sure the water would not be to blame.

Im talking about plain aul unsprayed untouched weed mate. In my experience of all stoners that i've met ive never seen once being violent or angry or on edge or in any sort of distress

Apart from the horrible increase in paranoia and depression and even schizophrenia from long time use if the user is prone to these disorders.

• Advertisement

Crazy stuff. Ridiculous duration.
    True but unleashing it on the population thinking they were taking something else wasn't the greatest idea.

Agree 100% especially considering its low dosage range before effects start to become apparent and the long duration could cause someone unfamiliar with 2-cb to freak the f**k out.

Apart from the horrible increase in paranoia and depression and even schizophrenia from long time use if the user is prone to these disorders.

Im just saying what ive seen so far mate nothing more. I never said it was safe. People are prone to many things and long time, very regular use of anything that effects the body and mind cant be good.

Use not abuse. Moderation is key to anything in life...except work and taxes haha

Agree 100% especially considering its low dosage range before effects start to become apparent and the long duration could cause someone unfamiliar with 2-cb to freak the f**k out.

Thats exactly what happened and it took them weeks to get a warning out whiles dickheads were knowing going around flogging them cheaply to move them on.I watched a night club of people pour out on to the streets after been fed these.It was not a pretty sight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

nope its

If people want drugs legalised, if they want the state to stop dictating what they can do, then they should show more responsibility when taking the substance.

Drink is legal and it's still lethal.

The issue is that a lot of people are incapable of looking after themselves.

I've never meet any violent or angry ones alright, I have met edgy & paranoid ones however.

Yeh definitly are you for real? :rolleyes: Sure mix a mellow high with
    a dirty stimulant that everyone would cop onto straight away. Stop reading the tabloids and do some actualy research outside boards.ie

so you would want your child soldiers on a mellow high :confused:

do some research yourself buddy cause you don't know what your babbling on about

*oh btw* I am talking about boy soldiers with PCP laced weed or tobacco, not your avarge smoker

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,193 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

darced wrote: »
    sounds f**in deadly.....although totally made up....coke is dirt

I had something sort of similar happen to me. I smoked for years (maybe 2-3 times a week) fine & than out of nowhere anytime I smoked it I'd start freaking out & sh!t. I don't think I went crazy or anything over it, like hearing voices in my head or not knowing my family members or anything like that but it did leave me very paranoid & I know a lot of people who are the same way over it.

I taught E had a lot of negative side effects as well. Next day paranoia & midweek depression were awful.

Never did enough coke to form a proper opinion on it. The few times I did do it doh I taught it was okay. Have seen some generally calm people fly into fits of rage over it for no real reason at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

sounds f**in deadly.....although totally made up....coke is dirt

You have a lie detector hooked up to the guys keyboard or something?

I smoked weed on and off for about 10 years, the only reason i stopped was because 1 night i took 2 drags of a joint and had a total melt down from it. I didn't want to risk my mental health so i haven't touched any since. Sometime you need to know when to quit.

The only other bad experience i have had with drugs was the time i od'd on 2c-b.

Its a well published fact that those with mental problems are more likely to take illegal substances. The person i knew who went onto heroin was very paranoid and highly anxious and was diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder then doctor prescribed her valium 2mg for 28 days and councilling to help with issues. Doctor wouldnt give her more valium as she liked the feeling too much so she sought elsewhere and then started smoking heroin and is now shooting it.

A friend who was prescribed ritalin for adhd now smokes weed and he and his friends say he is actually a better person on the weed than he was on the ritalin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

There is a do drugs cause or aggravate mental problems or do people with mental problems self-medicate with drugs debate alright.

Although I have seen people go seriously off the deep end while smoking weed.

Hard to tell if it would have happened if he hadn't been smoking but I would certainly not recommend pot to people with pre-existing mental problems.

smokedeels wrote: »
    If people want drugs legalised, if they want the state to stop dictating what they can do, then they should show more responsibility when taking the substance.

Drink is legal and it's still lethal.

The issue is that a lot of people are incapable of looking after themselves.

Not really. The vast majority of users do it responsibly despite the difficulty to do so with the legal system as it is. The problem is that a small group blame everything on drugs. Start a fight? Must've been the drugs or drink. Steal something? Obviously an addict. It's the few who colour it badly for everyone.

• Advertisement

Not really. The vast majority of users do it responsibly despite the difficulty to do so with the legal system as it is. The problem is that a small group blame everything on drugs. Start a fight? Must've been the drugs or drink. Steal something? Obviously an addict. It's the few who colour it badly for everyone.

Thats it exactly and that view is applied in all walks of life. The media propogates that too. If a lad decides to stay in and listen to some rave music while having some mdma with a few mates whats the harm....But then theres that 1 runt that uses drugs as an excuse for whatever crap he causes who uses "oh i was outve it, im not usually like this it was definitely the drugs they are bad news". I see this all the time with coke heads. Coke doesnt make you a dickhead it just makes you a bigger dickhead.
    I wish id see a story like "me and the 2 old friends caught up last night without drinking we had an e or two and now we are best pals"

MDMA was used for Therapy when it was invented and still is in some places.

Cocaine was the old style version of caffeine back in the day.

Pervitin though that stuff is for Nazi's only.....Crystal Meth in the 40's

Drugs have always been there and always will the war is pointless.If theres money to be made people will sell it and if the government cant find a loophole or way to tax it they will ban it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

I have to say I'm really "Meah!" when I hear about someone dieing from taking drugs.. I mean, they know they are illegal and decide to dice with death by taking them, its their own doing.. Kinda like the career criminals who get their heads blown off... big deal !
    My niece has epilepsy from taking E, silly cow. Really bad fits where she soils herself and all that... Self inflicted, she knew the risks, had her fun and now pays the price..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭kaiserjim

bbam wrote: »
    I have to say I'm really "Meah!" when I hear about someone dieing from taking drugs.. I mean, they know they are illegal and decide to dice with death by taking them, its their own doing.. Kinda like the career criminals who get their heads blown off... big deal !
    My niece has epilepsy from taking E, silly cow. Really bad fits where she soils herself and all that... Self inflicted, she knew the risks, had her fun and now pays the price..

your sound

I didn't realise MDMA causes epilepsy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭toc2012

Yea but sure we all know drugs aren't usually bad for you. Safer than alcohol most of the time.
    Call it responsible policing like this http://www.elystandard.co.uk/news/police_issue_ecstasy_warning_after_death_of_two_young_men_in_cambridgeshire_1_1396296

If the 2 chaps in cork died of the same thing the guys in dublin died of I think there should be a public health warning. "Watch out for the tabs with the fiat badge" or something to that effect.

Why pick on fiat??

• Advertisement
Advertisement