Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone find working numb

• 10-09-2012 12:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭

I'm definitely not myself in this place. I'm like a machine. I'm basically on auto pilot all the time.
    I can't motivate myself or get excited about anything. It's like I have no emotion when I'm here yet as soon as I'm home I'll think to myself why can't I feel like this in work.

I mean I don't expect to it feel like a holiday, but I just can't even be alert.

Do a lot of people experience this in work?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Sorry to be such a down beat on a Monday morning I shouldn't really be putting people through reading this ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Depends on the job.
    Monkey work vrs. rewarding work vrs. everything inbetween.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,592 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I hate my job. I get paid a poor wage for what my position is, to do something that I dont know, that nobody else can help me or understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Unfortunately, I've got a colleague just like you....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I get to be evil and have some authority, it compensates for the crap money.

• Advertisement

I have a good paid and easy job its just... Mind numbing. I can't stand this much longer. I think i'll leave at Christmas and move abroad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

A case of the Mondays eh? Must watch Office Space again soon, its been a few years.

I have a good paid and easy job its just... Mind numbing. I can't stand this much longer. I think i'll leave at Christmas and move abroad.

Great, I'll take your job so. Mind numbing is easy to tolerate for me, I worked in call centers for ten years.

Confab wrote: »

Great, I'll take your job so. Mind numbing is easy to tolerate for me, I worked in call centers for ten years.
    Yea but I am a bit of a genius...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The joys of prostitution

• Advertisement

Yea but I am a bit of a genius...

Genuis, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Anyone find working numb

An anesthetist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

Confab wrote: »

Oh the irony.....

summerskin wrote: »
    Oh the irony.....

Yes, I like ironing. How about you? Lovely smell from the clothes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

You get to go on Boards during working hours, There are alot of people in worse situations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Quorum

Depends on the job.
    Monkey work vrs. rewarding work vrs. everything inbetween.

All jobs have their boring, repetitive elements.

Kenno90 wrote: »
    You get to go on Boards during working hours, There are alot of people in worse situations
    I'm not making clothes working 18hour days in China either. An awful lot better off than most. Not my point though.

I'm more rtard than genius really tbh.

Advertisement