Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused about Student Portal, SULIS, Webmail etc.

Options
  • 10-09-2012 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭

Could someone try and break down what each of these are/used for?
    Also, I cant seem to log on to anything.
    I think I'm putting in the right password but it still wont work.
    And how do I register my modules?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

To register your modules go to www.si.ul.ie

SULIS is used for lecture notes etc etc, not all lecturers use it

Webmail is fairly self explanitory

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Student Portal is where you access your Transcript, pay fees online, get adviser details, do your CV for Co-Op in second/third year and a whole range of other things.

Webmail is your Student email account for your XXXXXXXX@ul.ie address, where XXXXXXX is your ID#. Easiest way to access it is through www.hotmail.com.

SULIS, is an online resources tool. Lecturers may put up lecture slides, tutorial sheets, lab exercises up there, but as highlydebased says, not every lecturer will use it.

When inputting your password, be sure to remember it's case sensitive, and also bear in mind that if you change your password in your email account, this WILL NOT change your computer password for campus computers.

If you've forgotten your password, you can send an email to ITSS@ul.ie to get it reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Webmail is your Student email account for your XXXXXXXX@studentmail.ul.ie address, where XXXXXXX is your ID#. Easiest way to access it is through www.hotmail.com.

Fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

OhMSGlive wrote: »
    Fixed.

close_enough_mousepad-p144809531857628958envq7_400.jpg

Advertisement