Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still not cancelled and being Ignored by Eircom!!

Options
  • 10-09-2012 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

So over a week ago i came onto boards and explained the situation
    see below

I sent in a letter of cancellation and spoke to your cancellation team on the 06/07/12 to have my broadband cancelled as the modem switched itself off 3 weeks previously and obviously i had no internet and didnt want to wait another 7 working days to get a new one, I also cancelled my landline as i dont want any eircom products as A. i only got the landline to get the broadband and B. If i had no broadband i had no use for the landline. landline had never been used.

when i spoke to your retention team on the 06/07 he advised me to send in a letter which i did and that the account would be cancelled in 30 days, I knew there was a balance due and i advised him that the outstanding balance would be cleared when i received my final bill, He said that was fine and i could pay in post office ect. Happy days, (i tried to set a DD up on a number of occasions and that never happened and i had been paying online when i remembered)

Received a bill in Aug and thought it was my final bill...... It wasnt........... it was a bill charging me for the month i had no modem,

This morning i received a lovely letter from your credit control department, Telling me to pay or i will be disconnected, Firstly, As far as i was concerned my account was to be cancelled on the 06/08/12 as per the 30 days notice i gave over the phone and in writing, I was to receive a final bill which would be 150 as i owed 100 euro and the 50 charge for the month i had no broadband due to the modem just deciding to stop working.

I have no problem paying the money i owe but i will not be paying anymore, I was assured my account would be cancelled and its obviously not if i haven't received a final bill and i have been receiving letters stating you will disconnect me!!

I PM you like you asked and gave all the details, This morning I received yet ANOTHER BILL an again the account should have been cancelled in August!!
    1. I have not had the use of eircom since June
    2. I have been with another company since July.
    3. i have been receiving letters from the credit control department stating they will be cutting me off although i dont use Eircom.
    4. I received a bill this morning for €204. Again i will pay what i owe inc the month i had no modem and not a cent more for your companies mistakes!!

I know i owed eircom 100euro when i called to cancel and was again advised by a number of agents i could pay money off each week or online as i previously did, they advised me we will send you a final bill in the post in Aug and you can make payments off the bill as you wish, would have been paid by DD like all my bills if eircom had bothered to set up the DD in the beginning or the number of times i requested it afterwords.

I will be making a complaint to comreg if this is not sorted ASAP. Over a week and no reply and i wouldnt even call your customer service, customer service as they hadn't clue what i was on about when i called in!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

red27 wrote: »
    So over a week ago i came onto boards and explained the situation
    see below

I sent in a letter of cancellation and spoke to your cancellation team on the 06/07/12 to have my broadband cancelled as the modem switched itself off 3 weeks previously and obviously i had no internet and didnt want to wait another 7 working days to get a new one, I also cancelled my landline as i dont want any eircom products as A. i only got the landline to get the broadband and B. If i had no broadband i had no use for the landline. landline had never been used.

when i spoke to your retention team on the 06/07 he advised me to send in a letter which i did and that the account would be cancelled in 30 days, I knew there was a balance due and i advised him that the outstanding balance would be cleared when i received my final bill, He said that was fine and i could pay in post office ect. Happy days, (i tried to set a DD up on a number of occasions and that never happened and i had been paying online when i remembered)

Received a bill in Aug and thought it was my final bill...... It wasnt........... it was a bill charging me for the month i had no modem,

This morning i received a lovely letter from your credit control department, Telling me to pay or i will be disconnected, Firstly, As far as i was concerned my account was to be cancelled on the 06/08/12 as per the 30 days notice i gave over the phone and in writing, I was to receive a final bill which would be 150 as i owed 100 euro and the 50 charge for the month i had no broadband due to the modem just deciding to stop working.

I have no problem paying the money i owe but i will not be paying anymore, I was assured my account would be cancelled and its obviously not if i haven't received a final bill and i have been receiving letters stating you will disconnect me!!

I PM you like you asked and gave all the details, This morning I received yet ANOTHER BILL an again the account should have been cancelled in August!!
    1. I have not had the use of eircom since June
    2. I have been with another company since July.
    3. i have been receiving letters from the credit control department stating they will be cutting me off although i dont use Eircom.
    4. I received a bill this morning for €204. Again i will pay what i owe inc the month i had no modem and not a cent more for your companies mistakes!!

I know i owed eircom 100euro when i called to cancel and was again advised by a number of agents i could pay money off each week or online as i previously did, they advised me we will send you a final bill in the post in Aug and you can make payments off the bill as you wish, would have been paid by DD like all my bills if eircom had bothered to set up the DD in the beginning or the number of times i requested it afterwords.

I will be making a complaint to comreg if this is not sorted ASAP. Over a week and no reply and i wouldnt even call your customer service, customer service as they hadn't clue what i was on about when i called in!!

Hi red27,

I apologise for the delay in getting back to you, I first checked with cancellations and could find the cancellation letter you sent in.

Can you confirm the date you sent it and the address you mailed it to please.

In relation to the line rental charges, as broadband is provided on the line/ line rental / package charges have to be charged to use the broadband service.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 15 red27

Hi
    It was sent in on the 7/07/12 posted from dame street as i work in town.
    Notice to cease
    Save desk
    3rd Floor
    Telephone House
    Marlborough Street
    Dublin 1

the address was given to me by the agent in retention. I understand about the charges but i am not paying a bill for Aug when i was told that the account would be cancelled on the 06/08 and a final bill issued to me. I have no problem paying what i owe but im not paying for a service that should have been cancelled,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

red27 wrote: »
    Hi
    It was sent in on the 7/07/12 posted from dame street as i work in town.
    Notice to cease
    Save desk
    3rd Floor
    Telephone House
    Marlborough Street
    Dublin 1

the address was given to me by the agent in retention. I understand about the charges but i am not paying a bill for Aug when i was told that the account would be cancelled on the 06/08 and a final bill issued to me. I have no problem paying what i owe but im not paying for a service that should have been cancelled,

Hi red27,

Thanks for the additional details. I went to a manager in cancellations and found the request in the moving to another provider cancellation file.

Can you send me a PM with the date you activated service with the other provider please.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement