Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTPC mobo + cpu recommendation?

Options
  • 10-09-2012 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Can you please recommend a good mini itx board with cpu for a htpc that will fit inside a Streacom FC8 EVO case please?

Requirements:
    USB 3.0 headers.
    HDMI
    Ability to wake up from power off via remote control.
    USB 3.0 ports.
    The machine will need to be able to playback 1080p video + Netflix HD. HD audio playback is a must too. No gaming is being done.
    My budget is around €100 if possible;)

I was looking at the itx amd e350 APU boards but can't find any with usb 3.0 headers:(

Cheers for any feedback :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

I ordered a HTPC the other day with this mobo and CPU

Item|Price
    ASRock B75M-ITX, Sockel 1155, ITX|€82.40
    Intel Celeron G540 Box, LGA1155|€38.66
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€140.05

prob the cheapest i found with USB 3.0 and SATA III

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Nice find mate, would be interested to hear how they handle playback of HD video:D I'll definately take this info onboard. Although I think itx amd e350 APU boards might offer better playback.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

livEwirE wrote: »
    Nice find mate, would be interested to hear how they handle playback of HD video:D I'll definately take this info onboard. Although I think itx amd e350 APU boards might offer better playback.

they Celeron will play 1080p content fine and in everything it will outperform the e350 APU... even the celeron g440 which is single core and clocked lower will outperform the e350 APU. Both will do HD playback but with the Celeron you'll be fine.

U_Fig wrote: »
    they Celeron will play 1080p content fine and in everything it will outperform the e350 APU...

Glad to hear it:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement