Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Cisco EPC2425 router and a NAS box.

• 10-09-2012 2:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭

Hi

I have broadband with UPC with a Cisco EPC2425 modem router. It has 4 Ethernet ports on the rear. I was thinking of setting up a small NAS to store data and connect it via one of the Ethernet ports. I would give it an IP so I can access it from my laptop over the wireless.

Would the Cisco EPC2425 modem router support this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Yes that shouldn't be an issue, the only problem with those routers is that they block broadcast that cross interfaces between wired and wireless. Practically that means that automatic discovery won't work so when you want to connect to your NAS you will have to type in the hostname or address manually or save a record of it in windows.

Advertisement