Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screen Protectors & Fingerprints

Options
  • 10-09-2012 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone found a good source for screen protectors that are treated to reduce fingerprints?

Has anyone tried any screen treatments?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

These are great protectors:>> http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/index.php

They ship from Shannon so arrive quick.

Other gels that you apply aren't as reliable in my opinion. Not as tried and tested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

Davy wrote: »
    These are great protectors:>> http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/index.php

They ship from Shannon so arrive quick.

Other gels that you apply aren't as reliable in my opinion. Not as tried and tested

Davy are these hard plastic or one of those terrible silicone jobs? They have one for my N8 but I'd like to know it won't be so flimsy on the phone with all the openings at the left hand side.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Invisishields are good for finger prints.

Their good all round durable, heals itself from scratches too.

Had a tester strip applied on half of a screen one day and I could see no finger prints on Zagg. Lots on the screen.

Then again if you keep touching it aftee KFC or a work out its obviously going to be dirty

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Do they have an Irish site? Seems a bit strange to pay in dollars if they ship from Ireland.

Do they effect touch sensitivity?

Davy are these hard plastic or one of those terrible silicone jobs? They have one for my N8 but I'd like to know it won't be so flimsy on the phone with all the openings at the left hand side.

I have put them on N8's, and still recommend them. Even on one where it was binned after a lcd swap zagg shipped me another one free of charge.

Discodog wrote: »
    Do they have an Irish site? Seems a bit strange to pay in dollars if they ship from Ireland.

Do they effect touch sensitivity?

They have an international site, which you pay in euro. It should appear on checkout. They don't effect the sensitivity, the only change is you will feel a little more friction on your screen against it rather than against the glass.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

I have put them on N8's, and still recommend them. Even on one where it was binned after a lcd swap zagg shipped me another one free of charge..

Yes I saw that, free replacement cover for the lifetime of the device, I wasn't too sure about them honoring it till you mentioned that there! Excellent service! :D

They have an international site, which you pay in euro. It should appear on checkout. They don't effect the sensitivity, the only change is you will feel a little more friction on your screen against it rather than against the glass.

Yeah the site shows up in euro currency for me anyway? €25 for full protection for a €400 device? Not bad now in fairness! :)

Yes I saw that, free replacement cover for the lifetime of the device, I wasn't too sure about them honoring it till you mentioned that there! Excellent service! :D

If you do have to get the lcd swapped, just ask the repair place to hold on the shield to sent it back to them.

Yeah the site shows up in euro currency for me anyway? €25 for full protection for a €400 device? Not bad now in fairness! :)

If you go to their facebook page, they often have vouchers for 20 or 30% discount codes.

Advertisement