Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice for a man going to a wedding..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I like it, Do not wear jeans please! Go for a shirt similar to the one in the pic maybe an a dark trouser + a good pair of shoes. Just wear what you like that's what I say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

Wear a suit to a wedding, jacket and slacks is fine for going out to dinner but a little casual for a wedding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭howaya

it's a wedding, so it's somebody else's 'big day' - best to wear the suit as that will be probably be closer to what the wedding party will be wearing, and is understood as a greater expression of respect than to follow your personal preferences for less formal clobber.
    I reckon it would be easier to look well in the suit (shoes, tie, little extras) than trying out another look
    hope that's some help. If you are going with someone best to let them know in advance what you've decided on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭W123-80's

Cheers guys,

I messed around with a couple of options this evening.
    I've decided to go with the suit, safer bet.!

Will keep the jacket on ice for a party or some other more casual function.

Cheers.!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I think that jacket is fab. Navy pants, navy tie... Really nice.

See this one

7973824048_5dc3cfc86a.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

A blazer like that, casual shirt and smart trousers like chinos etc look great.

Advertisement